39. Questions

Song: Crush - Weki Meki ✨

'I keep seeing you, what do I do? I want to know you, I want you. I'll show you my hidden self, I'll be good to you, better than anyone else.'

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Damn, he almost tore down my walls. The way he looked at me, with soft eyes roaming my features... it got my heart fluttering again and again and again. I miss him too.

How much more do I have to resist this?

"Takeaway is ready!"

When Auntie came out of the kitchen, I cleared my throat and stood up.

"I'll pay for two," I quickly forked out one big bill to her. I was going to treat this time because Jongdae paid the previous time.

"No, Auntie, I'll pay." Jongdae stepped in with a bill in his hands too.

I nudged him aside with my shoulders and took a step in front of him.

"Please take my bill, I'm paying this time," I told Auntie.

But Jongdae cut in front of me and stretched his note out towards her. "Here, please accept this."

I wasn't going to give in, damn it. I just want to pay for us!

Again, I tried pushing him out but he fought to keep his place. We both struggled in front of the cashier with the money hanging in our hands.

"Hey! Move aside! I'm paying!" I groaned.

"No! Stop pushing! Just let me pay for us!" He insisted.

In the middle of our stupid dispute, Auntie, whom I almost forgot about, let out a little giggle in front of us. We both paused and shifted our eyes to her curiously.

"You two make such a cute couple," she grinned.

COUPLE?

"H-He's not my boyfriend! You're mistaken!" I waved in denial.

"Omo, he's your husband already?"

My eyes immediately grew big.

"No!! He's not-"

"It's not easy to ask for her hand, Auntie. I'm still trying," Jongdae interrupted with a courteous smile. And he actually looked shy, oh my god.

I stared at him in disbelief, my jaw almost dropping to the ground.

He did not just say that.

"Please take my bill. I can't possibly let my girl pay, can I?" Halfway through the sentence, he flashed me a cheeky look.

"Yes! You are right," Auntie didn't even hesitate to accept his bill afterward, and I was still left in a state of disbelief. After cashiering was done, she walked out to us with a bag of 2 jjajangmyeon in her hand.

"Enjoy them together," she handed over the bag of food. I was going to receive it but Jongdae intercepted it before I could.

"Thank you, we will eat well," I made a slight bow in respect before both of us stepped out of the shop. When Jongdae made a move first, Auntie held me back for a second.

"My dear, don't make him wait too long. He's a good guy!" She said to me in a soft tone.

I placed my hands over hers and gave her a gentle look.

"I know he's great, Auntie. But he's too good for me."

As I was about to let go of her hand, she held onto mine a little tighter.