32. Lies, lies, lies

Song: Killing Me - iKON ✨

'I never knew how hard a breakup would be. I was selfish to look away from your tears. Your presence is still here, killing me again. I tried to show you that I can turn my back on you, but it's killing me. Why am I so lonely?'

⚡️⚡️⚡️

For once, I thought my life was perfect. I had a perfect best friend, a family, a job I was passionate about and a man I love with all my heart. I had never been happier than the present, but I guess good things really don't last long.

I woke up to a morning call of disaster, and I wasn't expecting the rest of the day to go by pleasantly. Just hoping at the very least that it wouldn't get worse.

I went down to the office as Jason told me to, and it was the first time I felt the hostility of the people around me. The moment I set foot in the office, it was like walking on eggshells. The unfriendly glances my colleagues gave me made me feel so small and inferior.

And I couldn't understand why. Did they really believe I leaked my OWN demo?

I walked through the hell of stares unable to suppress the discomfort shown on my face. It made me realize the heaviness of this matter and I couldn't wait to clarify it all with Jason.

"Rosie?"

I turned to a familiar voice and saw Sooyeon standing by her office desk awkwardly.

"Sooyeon ah," I breathed a slight relief and walked up to her. Seeing how she would acknowledged me made me loosen up into a small smile, but before I could speak again, she interrupted.

"Jason and Hazel are waiting for you in the conference room." She said to me coldly.

I scanned her eyes but I couldn't detect any signs of friendliness. She wasn't friendly like before, and that made my heart sink.

"You don't believe me," I realized.

I stood there waiting and waiting, wishing that she would deny it or explain herself, but she chose to stay quiet.

Damn, it slammed my chest finding out that no one in this office probably believed me. I felt so wronged, but when a tear almost surfaced, I forced it back down.

Not gonna cry, because I know I'm not weak like that.

"Forget it", I turned my back on her and marched away.

...

The door squeaked when I slowly pushed it open, and I found Jason and Hazel already seated inside, by the oval-shaped conference table. Their eyes landed on me the moment I made my entrance, and it was no surprise that they looked wary and doubtful of me. Yeah, they were no different from the rest.

But I didn't do anything wrong, so I'm not afraid.

"Rosie. What's this about?" Jason shot me an interrogative look.

"What do you mean by that? I'm here, just as confused as you are. You really think I did it?" I talked back, shutting the door behind me.

"You know it's a very serious offense to leak a song. It's a breach of contract. " He stated, poking his fingers against the papers on the table.

I took a bold step forward and made a claim for myself.

"Jason, it's not me. I didn't do it."