26. First texts

Song: Falling for you - EXO ✨

'Out of the many coincidences, the wind pushed me to your side. It's amazing how we fall like countless dots out of the sky, but there's only one person to it. It must be a miracle how I fell on the edge of your clothes. Like snow, my feelings for you fall whitely.'

⚡️⚡️⚡️

"NO!" I yelped and she looked at me stunned. No more drinking, I thought to myself. Picturing myself go loose when the alcohol kicks in scares me now. "Oh gosh, chill, princess. What's got into you?" Her tone changed as she set her curious eyes on me.

"Oh, haha. I just don't feel well enough to drink. I'm erm, having indigestion, you see," I laughed it off. She stared at me with raising suspicion. "I don't think it's indigestion," she stated, her eyes shooting me interrogatively. She probably knew me too well to sense how fake that laughter was.

I exhaled heavily, drooping my shoulders down low. "I just don't wanna touch any alcohol tonight, please? I'll watch you drink and I'll take care of you tonight, okay?" Before she could dig further into it, I pushed my laptop towards her. "Choose the next movie. I want to watch another hottie. Maybe Ryan Reynolds or a Dave Franco," I suggested," or maybe a Korean movie? The police one, what's it called... midnight runners?"

She soon turned her attention back to the screen, and that saved me from her lingering suspicion. It wasn't that I didn't want to explain to her, but since I decided to reveal my story to her another time, I'd rather have it all in queue. "While you're at it, I'm going to make us more hot chocolate. It's fatty night tonight!" I chirped and pushed myself off the bed, with the empty chocolate-stained mugs in my hands. I skipped out of my room and took a quick glance at the dining area, and noticed that my phone was flashing up on the dining table. It reminded me that I had abandoned it there the entire night, and maybe mom had just dropped me a text. No doubt I missed her and dad, especially when I have to live in this house alone most of the time they're gone. I approached and scooped the phone up in my hands, seeing a text that caught me by surprise. A wonderful surprise.

JD: hey! what are you doing now?

The text said. Right away, my universe lit up with colourful bursts of fireworks, and I felt it burning hot within me. I screamed internally, feeling charged with infinite happy energy that I ended up running circles around my dining table. Silently in celebration, all because it's the first time Jongdae ever texted me.

I squealed again and again, doing crazy dances with the phone in my hand. I couldn't calm down the way I wanted myself to so I served a light slap across my own cheek.

CALM YO ASS DOWN. Control your emotions, Rosie! Don't make your excitement too obvious in your texts.

But then again, a sudden text from him could probably mean that he missed me. Hehe.

After some time, I finally stopped to take a seat by the table, resting my elbows on the surface as I brought the phone close to my face. With a grin sprawled onto my face, I sent a reply in lightning speed.

REPLY: I'm with my bestie now, Mel! You met her before actually. She's the girl I was with when we first met backstage.

I stared at my phone so hard that I could almost burn holes into it. My head was filled with hopes of him replying as soon as possible, and nothing else. Not to my disappointment, it came quicker than I thought.

JD: oh, I remember her. Am I bothering you then? We can talk another time.

REPLY: NO NO!!! I can talk, what about you? What are you doing now?