29. Back to square one

Song: Egotistic - MAMAMOO ✨

'I stayed up all night, but even with a cool head, I can't understand your attitude. Now I'm just getting a bit tired, now I need to take care of myself. I won't break down just because you're not here. I wanna escape from your arms, I wanna live however I want.'

⚡️⚡️⚡️

"You work for SM? Like the big entertainment company, SM?" Minho sounded amazed and I simply shrugged. "Yeah, but I'm just as an intern. It's not as cool as you think it is." We alighted from the cab a while ago and he was accompanying me down the last walkway to my house.

I decided to alight a distance away from my house because I wanted to save on the cab meter. The cab would have to make a detour to bring me to my doorstep and that would have cost me way more. I suggested going out separate ways after getting off the cab but Minho being the gentleman, decided that it was the safest to send me to my door. It was just a short walk back but he offered his jacket over me to protect me from the cold. I was extremely thankful that he initiated to put it on me because the early morning air got super chilly and I was low key desperate for a jacket. I was supposed to have my denim jacket with me but stupid Mel had mine confiscated since it didn't match with my stupid black dress.

"What exactly do you do there? Don't tell me you're a trainee or something."

"You think that's possible? Ha!" I laughed.

"Why not? You're very pretty, they would totally want you," Minho said to me, and a smile popped by my lips because Jongdae suddenly came across my mind.

Rosie, you're very pretty. Jongdae said that before.

It's amazing how two guys could say the same thing but send two different feelings. One compliment from Jongdae was enough to send me flying out of earth and over the moon, whereas Minho's words were close to... nothing. No fluttering, no crazy pounding, so I guess that speaks a lot about my affection for Jongdae. My my my.

Okay stop, Rosie!

"Before I had this job, I was actually scouted by someone from SM. I still can't believe it happened to me until now," I chuckled, shaking my head.

"To be an idol? Really?"

I nodded, smiling up into the air as I enjoyed the breeze kissing my skin. "I went for the audition but I wasn't there to sign up as a trainee." Minho turned to me with a look of disbelief, frowning slightly because he couldn't seem to understand.

"I like to compose music. Composing and producing. It's been my dream since I was a child but I never took it seriously until I was given this opportunity. I was hesitant about it at first but Mel told me to go for it. So, I did try it out and... boom. This is how I ended up with an internship instead." I explained as the both of us leisurely strolled down the last stretch at a slow, comfortable pace. A little distance more before we would reach my house.

"That's amazing," he commented.

"No... it's not that amazing because I'm just an intern potato. There's nothing about this job to boast about." I shook my head, vexed just recalling how Jun treated me like a small fry.

"So you make songs," Minho stated and I gave a small nod. "As your new friend, do I get the privilege to hear them?" He asked, looking at me with hopeful eyes. They were not as pretty as Jongdae's eyes though. I giggled when he tried wearing that puppy look on his face because he looked retarded when he tried to pout. He can't do it cute like Jongdae either.

"Well... I guess I can find one of my old songs to share," I said. The air between us filled with peaceful silence as we continued to stroll until we arrived at the front of my house. "This is it. My house," I briefly pointed to my house.