52. Sweet dreams

Song: Dramatic - BVNDIT ✨

'Don't worry about anything, just follow me. No matter why, no matter what, no matter what we do, we're dramatic. Easy game, you're gonna want me too much.'

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I walked out of the doctor's office with my eyes red and swollen from crying. Jongdae ran up to me the moment he saw me and held me by my shoulder. I managed to pull a smile and meet his eyes when he studied me with concern. Without questioning what had happened, he wrapped his arms around me knowing that a hug was just what I needed.

I pulled away from his comforting embrace shortly after I heard the doctor following me out of his office too.

Before he closed the door behind him, I turned to give one last glance into his office and saw my used tissues scattered all over his table. That was the result of me bawling my eyes out just now, and I'm thankful that the doctor was patient with me, staying by my side and handing me tissue after tissue to sneeze into.

When I finally got myself together, we concluded the talk and exchanged our numbers. He was the one offering to keep in touch, which I wasn't expecting him to, but I was happy he did. He looked like a promising man and I would totally understand if my mom was ever attracted to him. Now I wished she had dated him and live her own life.

"Thanks, doctor." I managed a little smile, still tugging Jongdae who stood by my side.

"My name is Phil. Please just call me Phil," he smiled back and nodded to Jongdae when they casually made eye contact.

Doctor Phil held out a handshake to Jongdae. "Nice to meet you too, you must be her boyfriend."

For some reason, Doctor Phil was giving me fatherly vibes and I strangely liked it.

"Yes I am," Jongdae shook his hand, radiating his best smile. "And you're Rosie's..." He asked slowly, waiting for Doctor Phil to complete the sentence.

"Guardian," he smiled and eyed me for confirmation. I smiled back to acknowledge his answer. "Remember what I tell you. We're not strangers just because your mother isn't around. I know you're living with your aunt and uncle now, but I'm still around if you ever need me. Call me soon, I'll treat you to a proper meal." He pat me on my shoulder.

"Thanks, Doctor."

"It's Phil," he raised a finger. "I'm not your doctor, Rosie. Call me Phil."

"Okay, Doctor Phil," I giggled, and he responded with a defeated chuckle, "geez..."

Phil glanced back at Jongdae and studied him with a squint. "By the way young man, you look really familiar. Have we... met before?" He held his chin, "you give off the vibe of a k-pop idol," he laughed, taking his own comment as a joke.

"You're right about that, sir," Jongdae admitted with a slight smile. There was an awkward pause between the two of them as they looked at each other in a non-joking gaze, which makes the situation more hilarious to me. Jongdae didn't even try to explain himself and he simply stood there to let Doctor Phil realize that he meant it.

Doctor Phil slowly began to drop his smile. "What?" He finally let out.

"I am a singer." Jongdae introduced himself very briefly. Gee, this man is poor at introducing himself.

"What?" Doctor Phil blinked in disbelief.

I held my hand just beneath Jongdae's chin and presented his pretty face to Doctor Phil. "May I introduce you the best vocalist of all time, a member of our nation's hottest boy group... EX-"