50. Greedy is my middle name

Song: Every day, Every Moment - CHEN ✨ (Cover by Paul Kim)

'The person who protected me during my hard times, now I will protect you. Your warm embrace was my only resting place at the end of my long days. You alone is enough for me. There's no need for words, I know by your eyes. Every day, every moment, let's be together.'

⚡️⚡️⚡️

"I'm not going to tell you," he whispered lowly and retreated from my ear, smirking. "This is your punishment for hurting my precious fingers. Seriously, how could you just turn your back on me that day?"

"You were being rude the moment you met me!" I whined at him, sitting up straight again.

"Would you act nice to a stalker if he kept appearing in front of you?"

"I'm not the stalker, you idiot." I punched down on the sofa, making my point.

"I didn't know it back then."

"You know now, and you still haven't apologized to me, SIR!" I leaned forward, getting worked up as the conversation goes. The argument was growing and I was all ready to fight back. But instead of words, Jongdae swooped in and planted a kiss on my lips, stunning me for a second.  "Can this be my apology?" He brightened into a sweet smile.

All the steam in me vanished in an instant. I bit my lip, deliberating the words I was going to say next. My ears were heating up from the sudden kiss. What the heck, how could he just kill a heated conversation with a kiss?! I wanted to maintain my seriousness but I just couldn't argue further thanks to his little surprise. My insides were dancing to his pepper kiss. That's so not fair.

I faced away as my face continued to burn red. Focus, Rosie. Don't show that you're happy about the kiss.

"No, that's not enough," I responded back to his question, regretting my answer afterward because it sounded like I wanted more than a kiss. You know that's not what I mean.

"Not enough?" He chuckled.

"No, no, that's enough!" I blushed harder, but every reaction of mine seemed to entertain him.

"You don't want more?" The smile was still on his face. His questions were obviously leading me on but I couldn't focus any better ever since we locked eyes.

"Erm, not now," I muttered softly, forever unsure if my answer fitted the context. Sure it didn't.

He smirked, knowing that he had me in the palm of his hands. "So... later?"

"You better stop it or I'm leaving this room," I warned, deciding to play the 'serious' card again before I make more dumb mistakes. I sent him a fierce look, or at least I thought I looked fierce.

"Stop what? I don't think you understand that I want it so much more than you do," he slid his roller chair towards me again until it hit the couch and brought his face closer.

Okay, he's been moving back and forth with his chair as we talked, and he always knew how to approach me at the key moments. The playful look on his face makes me want to push him away, but deep down I know how badly I want to kiss him again.

Who wouldn't want to?

I inched myself forward very subtly, eyeing his kitten-like lips. Greedy is my middle name.

Every time he came near, the smell of his cologne would wash up my nostrils. My heart raced faster as I yearned for him to kiss me deeper than the first time. I closed my eyes and waited, feeling our lips almost touching but the moment shattered when we were interrupted by the door opening.