CH. 12

Carmen POV

It was Been a week since I broke up with Drew. I also got a restraining order against him. The abuses started 3 months after the relationship started, but I thought I would be strong enough to handle. I'm just not. I'm still afraid to tell my parents about this. They don't even know the extent of my relationship with him. I would like it to stay that way
Anyway my graduation is coming up in about a month. I just want to have peace. That's all I want and freedom from that monster of a man.
Stella interrupts me from my thoughts. "Earth to Carmen", she says jokingly. "Oh, sorry I was just in deep thought. "You have been a lot lately. I was just going to ask you if you wanted to come dress shopping me this afternoon", she says. "Sure, I as well need to find a dress", I reply.

.............................................

"Does this dress make me look fat I ask Stella?". "No if anything, it brings out the curves I never knew you had", she replies. "By the way, when did your breast get so big?" Stella asks me. "I haven't really notice. They don't look bigger to me", I reply.
"How about this silver one", Stella asks. " Yes that's cute", I say. "Here comes Terrence", Stella mocks me. "Stop! That's not funny", I almost scream.
"Hey Carmen, Stella". "Hello", me and Stella say in unison. "I'll be back in a few minutes", Stella says. "So, how are you"?, he asks. "I'm fine and you". "I'm good as well", Terrence replies.
"Can I ask you a question"? I ask. "Sure". "Would you like to be my date for the prom", I ask nervously. I don't know why I was so nervous. "Of course", he replies. As if on que, Stella comes out of the dressing room. "Did I miss anything?" She's asks. I glare at here "What", she asked.

The next day I had to go to church with my parents. And guess who was there. My least favorite cousin. "That's what's wrong with these younger generations", my preacher preaches. "They think there actions won't have any consequences and that's it's okay to worldly things. But, we must conform to this world. Be must live spiritually. Young females nowadays think it's ok to be with a guy sexually, but that has consequences. Now tell me what's gone happen if she gets pregnant and he up and leaves,? Huh. What is she going to? And young women have more respect for yourselves. There are some young women who are abused. And these young men think nothing of it. They go by there day while she is hurting. Young ladies have enough strength to leave that situation. If you fell like you can't, there is always one person that will. All you have to do is ask him and live for him. God will deliver", my preacher finishes. "Amen", I hear all around me. I try my best not to cry, but that is really hard to do. "If there is anybody that needs prayer right now, I want you to come to the alter. Don't be ashamed. See God puts you through things sometimes to test your faith. You can't I've up. You have to believe that God will get you through. Don't go weak on your faith", I says.
I get up and walk down the aisle. I left the preacher pray for me, and waterworks follow after. "God's trying to tell me something. You are a strong individual, you have been through a lot these past few months. God just wants you to give your to him. Your have been battling a demon lately and your tired of dealing. Don't believe your life is over. God has some great things in store with for", the preacher finishes. "Are you ready to give your life to god?", he asks. "Yes", I cry.

Author's note:

This is a shorter chapter, But most of them are probably short anyway.