CH.14

Carmen POV

1 week later...............

"Carmen are you ok"? "I'm fine". I have been down the past few weeks. I had a guy feeling that something else was going on besides me feeling sick, but I just ignored all the signs.
I look down at the boxes of pregnancy tests. 'Please don't be positive', I internally beg. After taking 7 tests, they all read positive. I sat there in shock. I started to cry and cry very hard. How am I going to tell my parents? What if I just don't tell them and move to a different state? Yes, I should do that. I am graduating next week. But I can't. I just don't want to have any connections with Drew whatsoever.
"Hello beautiful", I hear Terrence say as he comes in my room. I guess I forgot to lock my door, so he caught me off guard. I try to hide the pregnancy test, but I am too late. "Oh" is all he could say. He walks over by my beg and picks up the one that felled to the ground. "Positive", he says aloud. I began to cry. "Please don't tell my parents", I beg him. "I'm not going to because I feel that it isn't my place to do so", Terrence says.
"I kinda thought you were a virgin", he says. "But you not, doesn't make me think less of you". "Do you know who the dad is"? He proceeds to ask. "Yes", I sob. He walks to the door and locks it. "What do you plan on doing"? He asks. "I'm not sure. I'm thinking thinking about moving out of state. I don't want to be in the same place as the father. I don't want him to know". "He deserves to know", Terrence says.
"Drew may try to use this child as leverage to get back with me. And I can't do that. Our relationship was unhealthy and caused me a lot of pain", I start to cry. "He's not a good person". "That's why he must not know"

Terrence POV

My heart did drop when I saw the positive pregnancy test. I really thought I had a chance with her. I guess I don't. I'm kinda jealous of the father because I wish she was having my child instead.
"That's why he can't know", Carmen finishes. I don't know what went on between them, but it was obviously something bad. "Come on, I'm gonna take you to the doctor to confirm it.
"Your pregnant", says the doctor. "No, no, no!" Carmen cries. "You are 8 weeks to be exact. Please try to calm down. May I talk to the mother alone"? the doctor asked. I stepped outside the room and sit for what feels like forever.
'Sir'. I look up to see who the nurse was talking to . That's when I see she is talking to Drew. "Your farther is going to be alright. Calm down Drew", she reassure s him. "Everything's alright". "No its not he says". "Look you have been my best friend for a long time and I know there is something else bothering you. Are you sure that you have been taking your medication"? She asks. "Yes, it's just that my girlfriend broke up with me a few weeks ago. I really messed up this time. I know I don't deserve her, but I love her", Drew says lastly.
He loves her. "You can come back in," the doctor came out and said. "Make sure you get plenty of rest and try to stay stress free", the doctor told Carmen. "Your free to go".
" Take that way", I point to Carmen. "Why"? She asks. "Because Drew is the other way", I say. "I wonder if he knows. He probably has someone monitoring my every step", she says. "I overheard his conversation with a nurse, and apparently his dad is sick. "Well, I least I have some more time", she says.
As we enter the car, I wonder what happened between them to make them break up. "Do you mind me asking what happened between you two"?, I asked. "I'm not really ready to talk it. I bring myself to tell anyone. It's a topic that I will not address", she says. "I understand", I reply.

Unknown POV

I will get what is rightfully mine. I will not let anyone get in my way, and I don't care who they are. I will no longer be deprived of what should have been mine. They will pay. The people who wronged me will pay.
It's time for me to rise and them to sink.