CH. 13

Carmen-

You look beautiful darling. "Thanks", I tell my dad. Yes, I'm back on speaking terms with my adoptive parents. It has been approximately 3 weeks, 2 days, 11 hours, 27 minutes, and 32 seconds since I left Drew.
I feel good about my decision. I have 3 weeks til my graduation. I'm so excited. "So when will this Terrence guy be here. 'Knock' I go to the door thinking it is as Terrence. "Hel..." I stop mid sentence when I see Drew standing there. He looks like has has not sleepy in weeks. "Carmen", Drew says timidly. "You look beautiful", he says. "Is that him", my mom asks. "No. I will be back in in a few minutes", I say. I shut the door behind me. "Get off of my property before Or have you arrested for trespassing and violation of your restraining order", I threaten.
"I miss you. I have not been able to eat or sleep since you left me. Please give me another chance", he pleas. "No. You don't realize the extent of damage you did to me. Howe could I put myself in that type of situation again", I almost cry. I try not to cry because of my makeup. "Leave", I say. Then he kisses me. This time it is soft, passionate, longing, and desperation. It felt as if he is kisses someone who he loves. But I know it isn't true. There is also sadness and regret in his eyes. I will not put myself in that position again. "Please" Carmen he cries. He puts his forehead on mine and for some reason I let him hold me as I cry too.
"No", I cry. He kisses me again and I let him explore my mouth. I don't know why I did, but I did. I pull away from him in the tears. "I guess this goodbye then", he says. "Yes". He kisses my fore head and says, "Just remember that I love and goodbye". I watch him as he gets into his car and leave. I sit sit down on my front step and start to break down.

Terrence POV-

I am so excited. I still can't that she asked me too prom. I asked her if it would be an issue with her boyfriend and she told me that they broke up.
I just hope I have a chance with her and show her what's she's worth. She's like a priceless jewel. Without any doubt the most beautiful girl in the entire school
When I pull up to her house, I am about to get out but I decide not to. I analyze the scene before me. She is making out with her ex, but it looks more than that. It's like two long lost lovers. Then I notice that both of them are in tears. He holds her and let her cry. He kisses her, but for for a longing stance. She pulls always and says something. Then he kisses her forehead and leaves.
I'm so confused about this whole situation. I thought she was over him. She's obviously, so I will respect her by keeping my distance if that's what she wants. I see sit and break down in tears.
I walk up to hers and hand her my handkerchief. "Are you ok"? I ask. "Yes, good thing I wearing water proof makeup", she replies. "How long were you standing there"? She asks me. "Long enough to see the what happened between you two", I reply. "I'm sorry you had to see that", she says. "It's ok", I reply. "Come inside", she says. I follow after here.
"You must be Terrence", Mrs. Lancing stated. "Pleasure to meet the both of you", I say. "Such good manners", she says. "I'm not going to let you off that easily", Mr. Lancing says. "Follow me into the kitchen", he says.
Carmen is ready about an hour later. "Ready". She smiles and nods.
My dad bought me a Mercedes convertible last week. This is the car I will take here in. I can't get over how beautiful she looks. "You look beautiful", I say. I see a light blush appear in her cheeks. "You look handsome yourself", she replies.
When we arrive, I go to her side of the car and open it and extend my arm. "Did my dad give you a hard time"? She asked. "Not really. Just the typical talk", I reply. "Well, at least he didn't scare you away, so he must have liked you. You might just be sticking around for a while", she says. Then she kisses me on the cheek. "Smile", I hear the photographer say. I give the biggest grin I can. I wonder what she means by her statement. Does that mean I have a chance with her?
Prom is great so far. I never in my entire life thought that I would have Carmen as my prom date.
At the moment Carmen asks me to take a scroll in the garden with her at the venue. "Enjoying prom", I ask. "Very much", she replies. "I'm just glad to have a normal day for once", she says. "What does that mean?" I ask. "I just haven't felt like a normal teenager in a while and I only so a small of time to remain one, so I want to be a teen for once", she says.
"Can I try something"? she asks. At that moment all my teenage dream came true. I felt Carmen's lips against mine. Her kiss was soft and gentle. I kiss her back, but then she takes control over my mouth. She is such a great kisser. I feel tingling in my body. She's great.
"Thank you for taking me to prom",she says. "Your welcome", I say. "Now let's get back inside so we can find out who will win prom king and queen.
As we walk back in, we hear the names 'Clay Snyder' and 'Jade Moore' for prom king and queen.