4 | THE UGLY TRUTH

It's the next day after school and Savannah McCall was busy getting dressed in her Lacrosse gear while Scott was waiting for her outside the girls' locker rooms. Imagine her surprise when she came out of the room and her brother was being pushed into a locker by none other than Jackass Whittemore. Rage filled Savannah as she saw fear flickering in Scott's eyes. The twin girl placed her Lacrosse stick against on of the lockers before quietly making her way to the duo. She ripped Jackson of her brother and threw him on the floor.

"Leave, Scotty. Take my stick with you." She ordered her twin, not taking her glare of the rich asshole in front of her. If Jackson was offered the chance to go and play on the highway right now instead of being on the receiving end of Savannah McCall's glare, he'd take it. He swore internally, he should have just left the little shit alone. He knows how protective the girl is over her two best friends. In all honesty, he never got it. Sav is hot, she'll fit in with their crowd easily. But she flat out refused when he and Lydia offered, all twenty times that they asked, he counted.

Scott McCall hesitated for a few seconds, before leaving. When she could no longer hear Scott's footsteps, she smirked menacingly. "I warned you what would happen if you go near one of my best friends again, Jackass." If he weren't so scared of her, he would be pissed because of the nickname she oh-so-lovingly sticked to him in the fifth grade.

She walked forward, bent down and grabbed him up by his shirt before giving him a good punch to the jaw. Savannah let him go and he, staggered backwards and into the lockers. "Leave my brothers alone, or else." The threat was accompanied by a hand gesture to her eyes, the meaning behind it crystal clear.

She turned around, starting to whistle as she started to walk to the Lacrosse field. Before she exited, she saw a played standing in the hall that leads away, trying to hide himself because he had seen what she has just done and is now afraid she'll do the same to him. She rolled her eyes. "Hey fourteen! Let's go, Coach will disqualify you if you're late." The kid nearly jumped to the roof but complied all the same.

"I'm Isaac." The tall boy introduced himself softly.

Savannah nodded, "Yeah, I know. You're Isaac Lahey." It was quiet for a while and she turned to see him walking with wide eyes and his jaw slacked.

"You know my name." He said, clearly in awe as they exited the school and started walking to the field, their boots clicking as they walked on the tar.

"I know everyone's name." She paused, tilting her head to the side. "Well, everyone on the team."

"I didn't know. I thought..." The blue eyed boy trailed off, not finishing his sentence but not needing to either. She knew what he meant, it was an opinion many has about her. The tan girl doesn't blame then though, she does have a reputation around the school for being a bigger bitch that Lydia Martin - and that's on a good day.

"Exactly, you thought." Isaac's cheeks heated up a little out of embarrassment. "Thing is, my name's not Jackass Whittemore." A laugh bubbled out of the dark blonde's throat, causing Savannah to smile.

"You really call him that?" He asked in-between his laughing fit.

"I do. It's certainly appropriate, don't you think?" Savannah questioned, a mischievous smile on her lips and giving Isaac a sideways glance.

"Oh, yeah, totally." He agreed. They walked in silence for the rest of the way, a full blown smile on Isaac's face and a expression of content on the twin girl's face.