13 | HEART MADE OF PURE GOLD

HEART MADE OF PURE GOLD

Savannah McCall had nothing to do. For the first time since the new semester started, she is completely free. Which is why she was lying on her bed, revelling in the fact that all of her projects and homework are finished and she could just do nothing. Most people would think she is stupid for just lounging on her bed when she could be out partying, but when your schedule is as hectic as hers, then you appreciate the quiet moments that you can just sit and do nothing, more than going to a party.

And then Derek Hale jumped into her room through her window. She glared at him, angry that her quiet time has been interrupted with what she assumes is a supernatural problem. "Would it kill you to use the front door?" 

"No." He smirked at her. "But it is way more fun this way."

Sav sighed with a rolled of her eyes, getting up from her bed. "What happened this time? The Argent's booby trap your house or something?"

"Your sarcasm knows no bounds, does it?" He asked in a deadpan voice and the twin girl gave him a look that said, 'what do you think?'. The Hale rolled his eyes. "No, they didn't booby trap my house. There is no problem." He paused for a second. "Not yet anyway."

"Then what are you doing here?" Savannah asked with a frown on her face, relaxing and plopping down on her bed.

"Scott asked me to help him with controlling the shift. I just wanted to tell you before you find out from your brother and decide to attack me again." Derek told her, annoyance on his face. The girl smirked at him.

"I didn't attack you, I punched you in the nose." Savannah corrected and Derek rolled his eyes once again. "But thanks for telling me. Just don't hurt him. Not fatally."

The raven haired man frowned at her tone. "Are you okay, Savannah?"

"Yeah," She nodded. "Things between me and Scott are just not very good right now."

Derek hesitated before he sat down next to Sav on her bed. "The whole Allison thing." The girl nodded, looking down at her bare feet. "Look, he is a hormonal teenage boy and only sees her right now. But at the end of the day, you are still his sister, his pack, and he will do anything for you. Just like I know you would for him."

"Lately, I'm not so sure about that." Savanna admitted quietly. Derek didn't know what to say to that. He didn't have much experience with comforting people so instead he just settled for being there. For sitting besides her and silently vowing to give Scott a little hell for making her feel this way - he could smell the hurt coming of her like a tsunami.

Later that Saturday morning, Savannah got a text from her one of her Lacrosse teammates. Her favourite one really - Danny. He asked her if she wanted to meet him at the school to shoot some Lacrosse balls. After talking to Derek and voicing something that's been troubling her since the night Derek showed them his burned uncle, Savannah was restless. And she had alot of excess energy. So, she texted Danny 'yes' and grabbed her Lacrosse stick before getting into her car and driving to the school.

When she finally arrived at school, her face soured when she saw not only Danny, but Jackson and Lydia - it was more because of Jackson than because of Lydia. Savannah kind of liked being around the strawberry blonde nowadays. Not that it was a big deal or anything. And it certainly wasn't anyone's business.