15 | CRAZY INCARNATE

CRAZY INCARNATE

Contrary to popular belief, Savannah Rose McCall is not without fear. She is afraid everyday. She is afraid of disappointing her mother, she is afraid of getting hurt emotionally, she is afraid of not being good enough on the Lacrosse team, she's afraid of her grades dropping and she is afraid of losing her family. Right now, however, she was afraid of losing her life while it felt like someone ripped out a piece of her heart and it was gushing with pain. Her mind kept flashing back to the mere seconds ago when the Alpha lifted Derek off the ground and threw him like he was nothing. And that hurt.

The twin girl honestly doesn't understand it. She hasn't know Derek all that long and most of it was spend thinking the worst of him - him killing his sister, him having bitten her and her brother, him being the Alpha. Point is, she doesn't know why or understand why Derek's death had left her with such a gaping hole in her heart. One that was bleeding so profusely that she thought her legs might give way. The only thing keeping her upright was her fear of the Alpha killing her.

If he could overpower and kill Derek so easily, what could he do to her and Scott? Not to mention what he could do to Stiles, who is human. All of these thoughts and emotions was making Savannah a little unsteady as she was panicking just as much as her brothers on either side of her.

"Lock it! Lock it!" Scott yells in his panic as Savannah held onto one door and Scott held onto another. Stiles was helping Savannah, because he didn't want to feel useless on top of being scared shitless.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles snapped, voice quaking with fear.

"Grab something." Scott ordered.

"What?" Stiles asked, baffled. What was he supposed to do? They were standing in the middle of an empty hallway, for God's sake!

"Anything!" The male twin shouted. Then Stiles remembered something. He looked out the small rectangular windows in the door, looking for the bolt cutters the used to get into the school.

"No." Scott said immediately when he saw where his best friend's gaze locked.

"Yes." Stiles wasn't budging.

"Stiles, no. I'll do it." Savannah offered, lifting her hand to open the door. Stiles quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her backwards.

"Savannah, there is no way I'm letting you go out there." He told her firmly, using her full name just like she used his name and not his nickname. He also knows he wasn't in shit with her yet because if he was, she'd have use his real name. She could pronounce it perfectly, because she is one of the few people who actually bother and cared enough to learn how.

"Why not?" She asked, raising her eyebrow and looking at Stiles like she thought he was being ridiculous. Which, she was.

"Because for some reason, which is beyond my comprehension really, you care about Derek. Which is weird, considering you don't care about anyone other than us and he's an ass. Either way, you care about him and the Alpha just killed him. That means that the second you see him, you're gonna go and do something Savannah-like, which is most probably attack him and end up like Derek, who is dead. So, yes, I'm the one going out there." And before either of the twins could stop him, he quickly and quietly slid out the door.