18 | SNAPPED

SNAPPED

The boys locker room was the common place for the Lacrosse team meetings. In the beginning, just to be a little shit, Savannah complained that the Coach using the boys locker room was a sign of blatant favouritism and that she thought everyone on the team was supposed to be equals. Jackson - who loves his position as Captain as much as he loves his Porche - wisely kept his mouth shut when she said it. One day, when Finstock pulled her aside and apologized for making her feel that way, Savannah revealed that she knew he only held it in the boys' locker room because his office is there.

Nevertheless, it would never be her favourite place. Mostly because of the distinct smell of sweat, stinking socks and way to much aftershave - the last one applying to the boys that actually bothers with deodorant. And since becoming a werewolf, the smell has worsened. Not to mention when one of them leaves a fart.

She had just entered the locker room with Stiles and Scott when Danny approached them. "Hey, Savannah, Coach is looking for you."

"Thanks, Danny." She smiled at him and turned in the direction of the Coach Finstock's office. Arriving in the open door, Savannah knocked on his door. Waiting in the doorway to be invited in, she saw that he was seated behind his desk. His head snapped up, the annoyed expression evaporating when he noticed that it was one of his two star players.

"Come in, come in." He ushered, standing from the chair behind his desk. "Shut the door, Savannah."

"Is everything alright, Coach?" Sav asked, concern swirling in her stomach. He rarely called anyone into his office.

"Well, you know, new season, time to pick a new captain." He waved his hands around, giving her a meaningful look that Sav completely missed.

Savannah snorted. "We both know that it's not going to change from Jackson. As much as I dislike him, I can admit that he's the only person qualified for the position."

"Except you." Ah. So, that's what this was about. Realisation filled Savannah. "I'd really like you to be the team Captain."

Savannah heaved a deep sigh. "Look, Coach, I'm honoured. Really. It's just, right now, I have to much on my plate. But maybe next year I'll give it a go."

Bobby's eyebrows rose in surprise. The 'maybe next year' was a whole lot different from the previous year's, 'no way in hell would I ever do it'. It wasn't a yes, but it was progress. He grinned at her. "Okay. Tell those idiots I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Sure." Savannah nodded with a grin. Exiting Finstock's office, the locker room stink hit her senses once more.

"Would it be to much to ask to open a window in here every now and then to air out the stink?" Savannah questioned loudly, her face twisted in distaste, as she plopped down on the bench, with Stiles now sandwiched between her and Scott. "Also, Coach says he'll be out soon."

"If you don't like the smell, maybe you should leave." Greenburg quipped with a smirk, laughs echoing around the room.

"Maybe you should be careful where you put your face next time." Savannah snapped back, giving a pointed look to his swollen eyes. Laughter travelled through the room once more, just as Coach Finstock exited his office.

"All right, geniuses, listen up. Due to the recent pink eye epidemic, thank you Greenburg," Coach gave said boy a glance that had Savannah snickering. "-the following people have made first line on a probationary basis, emphasis on the word probationary." He looked down at his clipboard. "Rodriguez. Welcome to first line.  Taylor and, uh. Oh for the love of crap, I can't even read my own writing. What is that, an 's'?" Coach asked himself as Stiles' head snapped up, eyes filled with hope. "That's a- that's a- that's a 'b'. It's definitely a 'b'." The buzz cut boy deflated and Savannah put a comforting arm around her best friend's shoulder. "Oh, Rodriguez, Taylor and, uh, Bilinski."