10 | LIKE DEATH

LIKE DEATH

Everyone knows, Savannah McCall loves her sleep as much as she loves the family that she has. So, when she was awakened by the sound of gunfire in the middle of a sunday night, thanks to her werewolf hearing, she was not the nicest person to be around. Her plan was to ignore it and go back to sleep but then Scott, sweet and wanting to help all Scott, came into her room and told her that he was going to help right after a werewolf howled.

"Are you fucking crazy?" She asked, stumbling out of bed and grabbing some clothes, because there is no way she is going to let her twin brother walking into whatever was going on out there, alone. They stick together, just like they've always done. A couple of more stumbles and a whole lot of curses later from Savannah, the twins were running towards the sounds of the gunshots. They ended up in an industrial park.

Savannah used her werewolf hearing to look for the werewolf that she and Scott heard howling but she only heard two voices. One an unfamiliar female and the other a very familiar male: Chris Argent. The female werewolf's eyes widened when she heard it and smacked Scott's arm. So, the Argent's were hunting a werewolf.

"The Alpha?" So that's who they were hunting, who they were really after. Yeah, Savannah knows all about the Alpha and how it was him who bit her and Scott and it was the Alpha that killed Derek's sister, Laura. She also knows about the fight between Derek and Scott. And yes, the male McCall got a lecture as well as a smack to the head for not taking her with him as back-up. The girl promised herself that the next time she saw Derek Hale, she would punch him in the nose.

"I don't know, but one of them tried to kill me-" The female answered in response to Chris' question.

"One of them is gonna lead us to the other. He can't do that if he's dead." The Argent man tried to reason with the woman.

"Well, I can't help kill either of them if one of them kills me first." She retorted and Savannah was kind of impressed, the woman had spunk.

"How long will it take?"

"Give him 48 hours, if that." She responded and Savannah wondered who the hell they shot? Well, whoever it was, wasn't going to live for much longer. The Argents walked away and the girl gestured for her brother to go. They left in silence - just in case the hunters was still in hearing range.

The girl's phone read 04:37AM when she got back into bed. Her mother would wake her up at 07:00AM to get ready for school. Something is better than nothing, she shrugged and fell into a deep sleep quickly. And when Melissa called her the next morning at seven o'clock to get up for school, she had the biggest urge to go kick Chris Argent's ass and give him a lecture about what time is appropriate for hunting werewolves.

For the majority of the morning, Savannah was a groggy bitch, glaring at anything and everything. Then back World History class and she, Scott and Stiles were together and her day got slightly brighter in the presence of both of her brothers. The teacher was handing back the test he made them take at the end of their first week back and Scott was reciting his story about the confrontation at Derek's for a second time. Savannah, laying down on her arms, was listening with half an ear as they spoke.

"If Derek isn't the Alpha, if he's not the one that bit you guys, then who did?" Stiles asked the twins, looking at his two friends and Savannah gave an shrug as best she could laying down. The female McCall was to tired to think of a sarcastic retort that she was sure was in there somewhere.