Mistakes were Made

This came from a conversation GalaxyGal-103 and I had

{TW: Abuse, homophobia, swearing}

Jeremy walked down the hallway, extremely uncomfortable in the skirt he was wearing, but glad he'd gotten the Squip out of his head, at least for a little bit.

When he turned the corner, he saw Michael standing there, his headphones blasting music in his ears.

"Michael!" He yelled, relieved to see his friend.

Michael took off his headphones and turned around.

"Jeremy? W-what are you wearing?" He said, very confused.

Jeremy was about to answer when he flinched, a shock going down his spine and across his wrists. He turned to see the Squip looking at him, an intimidating look on his face, as if to say 'I will do it again'.

"I-it's Jermaine." He said, flinching at the name and earning a shock for doing so.

"What? Jeremy, what are you talking about-"

"M-my name is J-Jermaine." Jeremy said, tears building up in his eyes from the shocks he was getting for stuttering.

Michael suddenly had a look of realization on his face, glancing at Jeremy's wrists, which had permanent shock marks on them from the many times it had happened.

"Jere- Jermaine." He said, correcting himself so his friend wouldn't get hurt again. "Did... did the Squip work?" He asked softly, earning a weak nod from Jeremy.

Michael looked at him, sadness and worry for his friend written all over his face.

Jeremy had his eyes closed now, completely silent.

"If you want to be popular, you have to be willing to make sacrifices, Jermaine." The Squip said.

Jeremy stood there, trying to keep the tears from rolling down his face, as he knew he'd get shocked for it.

"O-optic nerve blocking: on." He said, and opened his eyes to see his friend had dissappeared.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Jeremy walked into Jake's house, pulling at the cyborg-patterned skirt he was wearing.

"Jermaine!" He looked up to see Rich in a Jason mask holding a... loaf of bread? "You look beautiful, hun! Why are you so late?"

"Say you were getting ready."

"Oh, hey Rich. Getting ready just took longer than I thought it would." He said, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh, well that's fine. C'mon, you need to come talk to everyone else! Guys, she's here!" Rich said, grabbing Jeremy's hand and running off into a group of people.

Rich then took him over to Chloe and Brooke, leaving him there to talk.

"Girl, you look gorgeous!" Brooke said, and Jeremy gave her a strained smile.

The three talked for a while, Jeremy actually getting along fairly well with them, when Jake came up.

"Hey girls, I just came to get Jermaine. Rich wants to see her." He said, looking at Jeremy.

The girls said goodbye to him and Jake led him off.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Jeremy scrambled out of the room, slamming the door behind him. He felt like crying. Why did all of this shit happen to him?

He walked down the hall, finding his way to the bathroom, and let the tears fall, trying his best to keep it hidden.

"Jere- Jermaine?" Jeremy looked up and saw Michael sitting in the bathtub, looking at him in confusion.

Jeremy practically ran across the bathroom and engulfed Michael into a hug, by now sobbing.

"Hey, Jermai- Jeremy," he corrected himself when Jeremy shook his head. "Calm down, explain what happened."

So Jeremy told him what had happened with Jake, and Michael just hugged him tighter, knowing how much that had hurt his friend.

"I have an extra pair of pants if you want to put them on." Michael said quietly, Jeremy nodding gratefully.

He put on the pants, Michael ending up giving him his CREEPS shirt since he had another shirt on underneath, and even though he didn't have his binder, Jeremy was a lot more comfortable now.

He sat down beside Michael, both of them now leaning against the outside of the bathtub, and Michael handed him a can of Mnt Dew Red. Jeremy looked at him in confusion.

"It'll deactivate the Squip." Micheal explained, and Jeremy opened the can, taking a sip of the drink.

He felt a searing pain in his head, and put his head in his hands, biting his tongue so he wouldn't scream. Michael hugged him, trying to help him through the pain.

After a while, the pain died down, and Jeremy felt a lot better, if not drained. So the two friends went out to Michael's PT Cruiser and drove to Jeremy's house, spending the rest of the night playing video games in his basement.