Couple Swap: He's Come to Get Me

More Swap au bc it is taking over my life
Tw: Angst, mental hospital, sadness,

Jeremy was standing in front of the door to the room, shaking a bit. They said he couldn't talk... how badly had the Squip messed him up?

'He's gonna be fine.' He thought. 'Just take the MDR in there and visit him. If he's not better now, he'll be better later.'

Jeremy felt a hand on his shoulder and looked over to see Michael.

"It'll be ok, Jere. I'm sure he'll be fine, don't worry yourself too much, ok?" He said, and Jeremy nodded. He could do this.

He opened the door to the room and walked in.

"Evan?" He whispered, walking into the room.

It looked like he was asleep, but he was having a nightmare. Jeremy walked over to the bed and shook him awake, trying not to cry from how awful his stepbrother looked.

He jerked awake, very obviously crying. When he recognized Jeremy, he pulled him into a hug, and Jeremy finally broke.

He started crying, hugging Evan tightly. Michael stood there not intruding, as he knew Jeremy hadn't seen Evan in a year and needed this moment.

When Jeremy calmed down enough, he sat the MDR on the table beside Evan's bed.

"I-it should get r-rid of the S-Squip." He said, his voice shaky.

Evan pulled him into another hug, silent but thankful Jeremy had come by.

***

When Michael and Jeremy left, Jeremy was exhausted from all of the crying, so Michael had to drive them to his house, which is where they were staying tonight.

They made it to the house and went up to Michael's room, pretty much passing out when they got up there.

Jeremy was just glad he'd seen his brother again.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Jeremy was pacing in the living room, wringing his hands together.

"Jeremy, love, calm down. I'm sure he's fine if they're letting him out." Michael said, sitting down on the couch.

Jeremy sat down beside him.

"Yeah, but what if the Mountain Dew Red didn't work and the Squip took complete control of him?" Jeremy said, worry ebbing off of him.

Michael grabbed his shoulders and turned him so he was looking him in the eye.

"Jeremy, did that happen to me?" He asked, and Jeremy shook his head. "Evan is fine, I promise. His anxiety might be worse, but the Squip is gone, I'm sure of it."

Jeremy sighed. "You're right, Micha. Why am I even worrying? He's gonna be fine." He pulled Michael into a hug. "Thank you, Mahal. I needed that."

Just then, the doorbell rang. Jeremy went to the door and opened it, immediately being pulled into a hug by his older brother.

"J-Jeremy, I missed you s-so much!" He said, pulling away and smiling. "T-thank you for b-bringing that drink, it s-saved my l-life."

Jeremy smiled. "I'm just glad you're ok, Evan."