Deteriorating Jewels

"Elizabeth I'm fine it's just a little cut"  I sighed and grabbed the bandages out of the first aid kit and tried wrapping my own arm.

She laughed lightly and removed my hands and fixed the crooked bandage.

"This is absolutely ridiculous! My home has never been anything but safe. And here a random assassin walks in and shoots our guest." She shakes her head and her brown eyes start to turn red.

I reach over and pat her hand softly.

"I wouldn't have changed a single thing." I smiled. She huffed and shook her head.

"You're delusional" I snickered and winced when she pulled the bandage tight with one final knot.

"Now! Let's go have some personal time, shall we" She gestures down the hall and I smile.

"We shall!"

———
"Well now that we have what we need, dispose of him" the assassin eyes widen but I just shake my head.

I run up to my room and do a quick wash.

On my way out my room I hear screams and a few sniffles. I silently creep towards the room to my left and place my hand on the knob.

'One...two...three..' I mentally count then I barge the door open.

"Why!" The two girls are blubbering on the floor tears soaking their red tinted cheeks.

'Roberto send a medic and a few guards up stairs to Aphrodite's room please!'

'Yes Sir we're on our way!' The mind link closes and I rush to the women's sides.

"What happened!" I search the windows but they appear to be locked. I checked the closet and the connected bathroom and still come up empty handed.

"He's dead." My mother whispered. I breath in a sharp breath and rush back over to their sides.

"Who? Whose dead!"  Aphrodite starts crying uncontrollably and clutches onto my mother for dear life.  I'm left shell shocked and completely confused.

The door burst open and in comes Roberto with my father and a medic.

"What is going on here!" My father yells staring at the two wailing women. I shake my head and pull on my hair.

"I heard screaming then crying, I tried looking for an intruder but I come up empty handed. No force of entry anywhere." I gaze up and find the tv rolling credits.

"What were y'all watching?" My mother pulls back a little and whimpers.

"Marleyy and Me!" Then she's back to crying. I raise my brow and look over to my father.

"So why are you crying?" My father chimes in.

The girls both look up and glare at the two of us.

"He's dead! How could you ask such a barbaric question! Don't you have a soul!" My mother hissed.

I laughed and turned on my heels.

"They're all yours dad!" I called over my shoulder.

My dad mumbled under his breath and shook his head.

Right when the door when to shut behind me a stiletto implanted itself in the wall just inches from my head.

"He was a dog!" Aphrodite yelled. My mother nodded her head and stood up along with her.

"He was soo c..cute." She hiccuped. I watched as she wobbled a bit and stumbled into Aphrodite.

"Have y'all been drinking?" They both stared at each other and shook their heads.