Chapter 4

Sean stood there in the woods with his bow, an arrow strung back and primed to release. He was about aligned up with a shot at the deer, that was a few meters away. The deer raised its head up and faced toward him, as if realizing its fate. As he was about to discharge the cord, a sudden strange high-pitched noise filled his ears.

Sean's face became worried as he recognized the commotion, recalling it from the time of the initial assault. Suddenly he gathered the cracking of branches, and the sound of what sounded like an oil rigging drill close by.

The deer surprised by the turbulence, took off, hopping past any obstacle. Sean could feel an abrupt thump within his chest, his pulse was pacing, and he was caught looking around.

"The tone sounds to be far. But it also seems to be getting closer."

He murmured to himself, while receiving the echo of trees falling nearby. Boom!

"That sounds like a building down in the city", he howled to himself and in a reaction he took off in a dash back to the center.

As soon as he was at the boundaries' of the city, he could see smoke stacks, that rose in the air from several blocks away. Sean panicked and rushed to a building nearby, pursuing his any of his friends.

"Hopefully everyone is ok" he began questioning.

He approached the door and barged in, shouting out for anybody who could hear. "Where is everyone? Is everyone ok?"

Bryan scooped up Sean and dragged him behind a knocked over table and whispered to him.

"Shh shut up."

Sean leaned close to him and murmured back.

"What the hell is going on?"

With the fear present in his voice, Bryan retorted, "Something just smashed into the building down the street, and destroyed it. There's something else with it. I don't know what it is though."

BOOM! The echo of another construction collapsing. Accompanying the explosion was a high-pitched noise. The tone suggested being creeping up to their hideaway.

"I think whatever it is, it's outside the door" Sean whispered in dread.

The boom of something abruptly interrupted him ripping open the door to the base. They both glanced over, receiving nothing but dust and debris that ascended from the new opening. A high-pitched noise imminent from within the pollution. They both started seeing a shadow of a humanoid like thing within the haze. The trail was too dense to distinguish what it was clearly, but the outline was visible.