Chapter 5

The two could feel their hearts pounding in their chests, as the thing started moving in gradually through the smoke toward them. It was still not distinguishable enough to understand what it was.

Just as their minds went into a frenzy, they heard gunshots popping off from outside. Shortly after hearing the pops, they saw the tracers whizzing by the door opening at the creature outside the doorway. The being screeched its battle cry in a remarkably high-pitched uproar and dissolved back through the fog.

In the moments thereafter, they acknowledged the sound of a man's voice and a radio echoing off, on the outside of the base. From within the smoke entered several men, dressed in what appeared like a suit from a science-fiction movie. They dashed up to us with rifles pointing. Shouting out for everybody and anybody to stay down and remain calm.

One man maneuvered past the barricades of obstacles in the path to us and hollered. “Are you ok? Are you injured?"

Both shouted back, the fear shined within their cries and stances. “Yes, we're ok, but we don't know where our friends are.”

The guys grasped a hold of them by their biceps, tugging them along behind them, while shouting for them to pursue them. They pulled them back out through the smoking doorway.

As they cleared the haze and emerged outside, they loaded them up into a black helicopter, with jet turbines on both sides of itself. Inside the cabin was John and Sam, awaiting, already covered up in blankets, smiling over to them. They shut the door behind them, and the craft ascended into the air. Everyone curiously went to the window ports and veered outside to watch everything down below. Noticing the fighters and armored vehicles that moved through-out the roads. They fired off their weapons, with their tracer bullets flying down the streets at some creature, and neither of them could distinguish what the thing was.

“Wow whatever that thing is, it's fast and doesn't seem too afraid of the soldiers” Sam said out loud.

Bryan looked over to her and then put his concentration back to the ground action and replied. “Whatever it is. I don't want it fucking near me.”

John sat there studying everybody as the craft flew and picked up speed.