Level 0

Wonder how Yook Sungjae knew Sooyoung?

3 years ago...

He was only a freshman then, he was not yet popular. He was not yet recognized by people but many were already discriminating him. He wore thick glasses and carries a big back pack, he also wore baggy clothes and considered himself weak.

It was his third week in the university and no one seems to befriend him, except for his dorm mates, who seems to be out of place in their school too. But it didn't bother Sungjae. He didn't mind about the ugly stares the students gave him.

He looked at the Library and arranged his specs then went inside. He liked being in the library, it gives him peace and time to think.

He was searching for a book when in the corner of his eyes he saw a girl struggling to reach a book at the farthest shelf. He contemplated what he should do, girls have always hated him and he become scared to approach them because of his past experiences.

In the end, he approached the girl. He can't clearly see her face since she's facing side view but her skin is white and her lips are full red, like snow white but longer hair. Although she was not short, her height wasn't enough to reach the book.

"um..." He started not sure what to say.

The girl turned to him. He was surprised to find the girl beautiful, her eyes were big and her face were round but small, he could probably cover her face with his palm. Sungjae swallowed his saliva and looked at her, he completely forgot his intention and was lost by her looks. He didn't know why she looked beautiful with an angry face- wait, why does she look angry?

Did I do anything wrong?

She sighed and fully put her attention to him. "Do you need anything?" He was surprised by her voice. She might look pissed but her voice sounds so cute.

Sungjae only realized then why he was there and composed himself and answered her.

"Oh.. uh.. I wanted to ask if you need a hand? The book seems so far." He asked trying not to stutter.

The girl just looked at him with wonder, craning her neck on one side and observed him putting her one hand under her chin. She must be thinking what to do. He then just scratch the back of his neck, not fond of being looked by a girl.

After a few moments he saw her point a book at the farthest shelf.

Sungjae then reached for it and looked down at her.

"This?-" He was stunned. His face is close to hers but she didn't seem to mind since she was looking at the book. Sungjae gulped and looked away.

"Yes." She answered. Her breath fanned his neck.

Sungjae gave the book to her and left flustered. It was his first time being close with a girl, he's sure his ears are burning.

He went outside the library when a guy approached him, seems to be a year older than him.

"Hi, I'm Hyunsik." He offered his hand, Sungjae accepted it since he seems to be nice.

"I'm Sungjae."

"Got a club yet?"

Sungjae shook his head. He hasn't decided yet what club to join.

"What about the taekwondo club? I think your body is just right, your built is good too." He said looking at his body as if inspecting him. Sungjae wasn't uncomfortable, the guy seem to know what he's saying but he wasn't interested. Can't he see that he looks like a wimpy kid? This sunbae sure is weird.