"Zoey, dinner." (Zombies)

"Thanks for having me over." I said to zed's dad.
"No prob, is that what all you kids say this day? Anyways you were home alone because your dad is working on papers and moping floors at the school so I thought why not invite you over."
He said chuckling a little bit.
I took of the top of the brain substitute and nearly gagged. Zed grabbed the open Can and put it In a pot.
"Thanks." I said, relieved.
He nodded. We began to laugh and talk about all the memories we shared when we were younger. We hung out together before he met Eliza. We knew each other because he was best friends with my brother bonzo. But after he met Eliza I got pushed away and we weren't close anymore. I was kinda happy I got to come tonight.
"Zoe, dinner!" Zeds dad yelled. Zoe ran in, panicked.
"What's wrong." Zed asked, not smiling this time.
"There are cheerleaders from the high school outside. They have these carton looking things with eggs in them!" She said, hiding behind my leg. I picked her up.
"It's ok munchkin." I said, calming her down. Zed ran outside to check it out. His dad went out and then 5 seconds later they came back in.
"Zoey sweetie, no one was there but if they were, they're gone now." Her dad reassured her as I set her down. I walked to the window and saw two cheerleaders come out from a hiding place. One threw the egg carton away. I looked at zed. He's hiding something..
"Come sit down and let's eat." Zed said. I turned around and wrinkled my nose to the smell.
Taking a bite, I said "ew this tastes like gym socks."
"I know right." Zed said agreeing.
We all laughed and ate.

Guys I had surgery like 3 days ago and I feel like crap😭