09 - Chain reaction

chain reaction - /tʃeɪn rɪˈakʃ(ə)n/
a series of events, each caused by the previous one

I immediately noticed that something was bothering Gerald. He looked tired but I've seen him tired before and this wasn't it. I didn't really want to push him into talking, I know what guys are like when it comes to that sort of thing so I just tried to cheer him up a little.

"Is the steak okay? It's been ages since I last made it for anyone." I asked.
He had this look in his eyes, I just wanted to hug him and never let go. The longer I looked at him the more I couldn't believe that the guy sitting in front of me hit on me at the club, using the cheesiest, most predictable lines. And now I like him so fucking much!

"It's great baby." He managed to show me a little smile. "I'm super tired, I'm sorry if I'm not really myself tonight."

"Don't worry about it, we don't have to talk." I winked and playfully rolled my eyes. Then he really smiled, widely.
After we finished I loaded the dishes in the washer and crashed on the couch with him.

"I'm just gonna take a quick shower, 10 minutes?" I turned to him, pressing a kiss on his lips. He nodded, gently caressing my cheek. Something was different about him, I could feel it but couldn't tell what.
"I'll be right back." I went to the bathroom, stripped down and stepped in, closing the glass door behind me. The warm water ran down my body, I closed my eyes and relaxed. There is nothing a hot shower can't fix and if I could stay in it forever I probably would. I just love the feeling of hot water hitting my skin, it's like being reborn.
I was thinking about what could be bothering Gerald when I heard the shower glass door slide. I turned around and saw him, he stepped in, sliding the door back, closing it. He moved closer, water running down his naked body. I looked up into his eyes, he was so vulnerable; for a while there I just stared at his face, biting my lower lip, then I slowly slid my hands up his arms, stopping on the sides of his neck. He leaned in and I met him halfway, kissing him gently. It was one of those intense moments we experienced before; he was the only person that mattered.
His hands were sliding up and down my back as his body was pressed tightly against mine. The water was running, making everything even hotter; literally. I was breathing heavily, panting as he lifted me up and pressed me to cold tiles on the wall; I flinched a little. I've never had shower sex before even though my shower cabin was fully equipped. It had handlebars and that pretty pink bathtub pad so no one could slip and hurt themselves.
I thought to myself; finally, putting it to good use.
He was already hard but I still gave him a little rub, then I held on to him and he pushed it in. It all went pretty slow but I liked it that way; it's how I imagined shower sex would be like, you can't really get wild; limited space, water and the possibility of slipping.
It was perfect. We continued in the bedroom, still wet; we didn't even bother drying off.
I was listening to his little moans that escaped his mouth here and there and that hot panting; it was almost synced with mine.
I started shaking and then it happened; my first climax from intercourse only, I didn't even have to touch myself or anything else.
I felt him and he felt me; it was the most intimate moment for me so far. He followed soon after, releasing himself on my stomach. He cleaned it up and then we actually took a shower, fooling around with my bubbly shower gel. It took us forever but I enjoyed every second of it and I made him laugh; he was in a better mood.

⭐️

Days passed and piled up into a month of knowing Gerald. He didn't officially ask me to be his girlfriend but we didn't need that labelling shit; we're both adults and we were on the same page. That was the only important thing; we felt it, we did it.
Gerald introduced me to his best friend Marty who loves me by the way. I always joke around with him, tease Gerald and laugh my ass off; he's hilarious!
I also met a few of his clients, because I hung at the studio once or twice to keep him company. He says it makes him calm and focused; love in the air and all that. Sounds a little cheesy but I've been thinking and I might actually love him at this point. I was never the one to over exaggerate with the word love but it always had a certain meaning for me. My life isn't a movie and I don't have to wait a few months to see if I really love someone; I feel good with Gerald, he's like this missing puzzle piece I was looking for. He treats me like no man has before and things he awakened in me are what I expected love to really feel like.

⭐️

It was a cloudy afternoon and I was at Gerald's place, sitting on the balcony and smoking my second cigarette. He was in the shower while I was also enjoying some Corona with lime; it's been a while since I had one. Last week we stacked his fridge because the only thing he had is whiskey, which I rarely drink.
After a minute or so I heard buzzing and knocking on the door. I put the cigarette out and left my beer on the table to go see who it was.
Gerald didn't hear anything so I just looked through the peephole and saw a blonde girl standing there, annoyingly chewing gum. I opened the door.

"Yes?" I grinned sourly, waiting for her response. She looked at me, gasping quietly.

"Who are you?" She asked me. She was very pretty; long blonde hair, brown eyes and plump lips. She was wearing some very skinny jeans, a red t-shirt and a thin leather jacket. Basically she looked like a model.

"Hi, I'm Ash..." I tried to introduce myself but she rudely cut me off.

"You know what, never-mind. Is Gerald here?" Besides being pretty she was also very obnoxious.

"Excuse me, who are you?" I asked, already geting annoyed. I can't stand attitude like that in women, especially for no good reason.

"Devon?" I heard Gerald's voice; he was standing right behind me. "What are you doing here?" The tone of his voice wasn't welcoming.

"Oh, you know what I'm doing here. Who's she?" She pointed at me and tilted her head.

"Unfortunately I don't and this is my girlfriend. What do you want?" He wasn't yelling at her or anything but it was obvious something happened between them, she was looking at him like he's a god or something.

"Since when does G do girlfriends." She fake chuckled and looked at me with her eyebrow raised.

"What's your fucking deal?!" I spat out, she crossed a line and it just came out.

"Never mind, you'll see what I mean." She huffed, giving Gerald that bratty look. "Bye Gerald."
She stormed off before we could say anything.

I closed the door and turned to him.
"What was that about?" I asked, lowering the tone of my voice.

He looked like he's seen a ghost even though he probably knew that I have an idea what it could be about. Him and his playing skills.
"She's nobody." He replied.

"Really? That's all you're giving me?" I looked into his eyes. "I'm gonna need a little more than that."

"I used to see her." He said.
I cleared my throat, raising my brow.
"We hooked up. I used to sleep with her." He mumbled.

"Look Ger, I'm not mad at you or anything, I know what you were like before you met me but you have to tell me these things." I said and put my hand in his. "You gotta let me in, this is ridiculous. Next time we go to the club together, will there be more girls yelling at me and giving me attitude because you blew them off after sleeping with them?"

"I know." He said, squeezing my hand gently. He was wearing his white bathrobe and his hair was still wet. We took a seat on the couch.
"You have every reason to be upset, it's just that... I rarely talk about that part of my life. Except with my mom and maybe Marty. I'm not really used to telling people about my problems."

"I understand. But you know, you're not the only one with baggage. Would it help if I told you I was once engaged?" I tried breaking the ice. If I share something mine, maybe he'll follow.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded.
"I'm sorry baby, I'll try my best, I promise you. I'll tell you whatever you wanna know."

Chain reaction.