16 - Visit

visit - /ˈvɪzɪt/
an act of going to see a person or place as a guest, tourist, etc

"You have a boyfriend?" He asked.

"Yes, we've been dating a couple of months."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm sorry, I wanted to call and everything, I was just always so busy and you know, mom..." My mother never approved of anyone I've ever been with.

"I know, still you could've checked in, I miss you, we both do."

"You can meet him this week; and I miss you too."

"Alright. I'll text you when and where, we'll be arriving on Thursday morning. Ask him and let me know when you two are free, I'll make reservations."

"Sure. His name is Gerald by the way." I told him.

"Okay. And how old is he exactly?"

"65." I joked. "Kidding, he's 27 and he's pretty amazing so I'm sure you're gonna love him."

"Alright, if you say so. Well then, I'll see you soon."

"Yes, see you dad. Good night."

"Night princess."

I hung up and stuck my phone back into my pocket. I was looking forward to seeing my parents but I knew mom will eventually find something wrong with Gerald. I mean Suzanne was super nice to me and I don't want my mom to be a bitch to him. I decided to talk to him about it, explain so he won't take it too seriously.
It was almost 10pm when I got home and the only thing I did was kicked my heels off and fell asleep in Gerald's clothes. They smelled of him and I was still a little high; so I just crawled into bed and passed out.

While I was at work Gerald texted me to swing by his place later because him and Marty are working on something.
So I went back home first and changed into grey sweats and a white tank top, putting my hair up in a messy bun.
I also stopped by in'n'out and grabbed some food because they're always hungry and I skipped lunch.

"Hey!" I opened the door of Gerald's place, letting myself in. I saw them sitting at the table full of scribbled papers, listening to recordings they made earlier.
"Achieved greatness yet?" I asked, putting the food on the table.

"Hey baby." Gerald immediately came over to kiss me. "And food... thank you!" He gave me another peck on the cheek.

"Hey Ash." Marty greeted me. "And yes, thank you, we skipped lunch."

"Well then, thank god you have me, huh?" I joked and took a seat after I poured myself some vodka.
"So what are you two working on?"

"Some ideas for the music video, brainstorming at it's best." Marty smiled and took a bite of his cheeseburger.

"So almost achieved greatness?" I grinned.

"You could say so." Marty said.

"Okay then." I said.
After I finished my food I took my glass and parked my ass on the soft cushioned chair on Gerald's balcony. Lighting up a cigarette I was enjoying the view, light breeze and sunny weather.
30 minutes later Marty was leaving and Gerald tidied up the table.