chapter 5: Checking in

“Oh look, honey, they have a golf course.”

Finn bit back a laugh and pretended to read the passage in the brochure that Puck was pointing out. “That's right. I remember reading something in the information Brody sent us that the hotel have organized a tournament for wedding guests. Maybe you can still sign up for that.”

“I didn't bring my clubs,” Puck pouted. He kept reading. “Oh, they'll supply clubs. That's useful.”

“And once again I get to spend yet another Saturday being a golf widow,” Finn said with an aggravated sigh.

“I'm sorry honey, I'll make it up to you tomorrow night,” Puck said. He could barely get the words out without laughing.

Finn had to bite his fist to contain his own laughter. 

When they landed at the airport in Boston, a hotel courtesy bus had been waiting to collect them and a number of other guests who had flown in for the Weston-Kishi wedding. From chatting to other guests as they waited for the bus, Finn had learned that Brody had booked out the entire hotel for use by his wedding guests. It was situated close to the Weston Family estate, where the wedding would take place.

While waiting, Finn had started a conversation with another guest named Warren, a man roughly ten years older then him. They'd been having a conversation  when Puck had walked up and put his hand on Finn's back. It was a small gesture, but Warren had immediately figured out that they were a couple. He had stopped talking mid-sentence and walked off.

When the bus has arrived, Puck had deliberately chosen a seat directly behind Warren and spent the rest of the trip calling Finn honey and generally driving it home to Warren that he and Finn would be engaging in gay sex over the weekend.

Finn reckoned that Warren was one more 'honey' away from his head exploding. Thankfully the bus turned off the road and onto the gravel driveway leading up the hotel before that could happen.

Warren jumped from the bus as soon as it stopped and went scurrying inside the hotel.

“Was it something we said?” Puck asked innocently. 

“You're such a bastard, honey,” Finn laughed.

They grabbed their bags and made their way inside the hotel where the joined the line at the reception desk. Puck dumped his bag at Finn's feet and told him he was going to hit the head.

“I'll wait for you to come back before I check in. I want to see how the staff treat us,” Finn said.

“Cool,” Puck said with a nod. 

Finn couldn't help but grin as Puck wandered off towards the restrooms. A couple of hours earlier Puck had been hating absolutely everything about this weekend, and Finn thought he'd have to bribe and cajole him into everything. Now that he sensed an opportunity to annoy people, Puck was fully on board. And even enjoying being 'gay'.

“Finn Hudson!”

Brody Weston strode through the hotel lobby with a bright smile on his face and his arms open wide. He hugged warmly then stepped back to look at his former employee. “Finn Hudson! It's good to see you. I'm so thrilled you're here.”

“Thank you, Brody. I'm delighted to be here. Congratulations.”

Finn couldn't get over the change in Brody since he'd seen him last. The Brody he'd known had been thin, pale and gaunt. This Brody was rosy-cheeked, plumped up and healthy. “You look great.”

“Thank you.” Brody smiled. “Can you believe I'm getting married? What about you? Any sign of wedding bells in your future?.” He looked around and saw nobody who looked like she was with Finn. “Finn, did you come alone? Where's your plus one?”