chapter 14: The Plan

Finn scrubbed his hand over his face and stared at himself in the bathroom mirror. Then he slapped himself. What had he been thinking? He had Rachel in his arms, they were at a wedding, walking in a beautiful garden lit by romantic lanterns. It was the perfect time to declare his feelings for her. And what did he do? He'd told her he was gay.

“Fucking, stupid, idiotic, moronic, dumbass.” 

His self-bashing was interrupted by a knock on the bedroom door. He stepped out of the bathroom, his bare foot landing on a folded piece of paper that must have been pushed under the door. He picked it up and opened the door at the same time.

He did a double take. “Um, Gregar?”

“Hi there, beeyotch,” Gregar squealed. He blatantly ogled Finn's bare chest. “I was super excited when I got your message but now I’m extra-super-divine excited.” He sashayed into the room and sat on the bed.

Finn grabbed a bathrobe and pulled it on. “What are you doing here?”

“I got your message about hooking up,” Gregar clapped his hands. “This is going to be so awesome. How do you want me. On my knees? Bent over the desk? On the bed? I’m up for literally anything. Except scat play. I don't do that.”

“Jesus.” Finn resisted the urge to cover his ears. “Um... I think there's been a misunderstanding, I don't even have your number.”

Gregar pouted. “Oh, boo. I guess it was cupid.”

“Yeah...” Finn glanced down at the sheet of paper in his hand and unfolded it. 

Hi Finn, finding the love of your life is wonderful. But it's OK to have a little fun too. And you're guaranteed a fun time with Gregar. Rachel. xxx

He sighed. Crap.

“Gregar, I’m sorry. I'm-” Finn was cut off by the sound of his phone. “Excuse me.” He grabbed the phone and saw Puck's name on the screen. “Hello.”

“Dude, it's me.”

“I know. Why are you calling me? I thought you'd be doing unspeakable things to Quinn's right now. And why are you whispering?”

“We're just taking a break. And I don't want Quinn to hear me, so I’m in the bathroom.”

“OK. What's going on?”

“Rachel and Quinn know that you know they know you know they know.”

“What?”

“Rachel and Quinn know that you know they know you know they know.”

Finn worked out what Puck had just said. “You mean, they know that I was just pretending to be gay? Again.”

“Yep,” Puck confirmed. “They're going to get their caterer friend to show up at your room to come on to you.”

“He's already here.”

“Oh...So the way I see it, you have two options. One, you keep this up and you get Gregarious to have loud, fake, gay sex with you. Or two, you stop being a pussy and you go tell Rachel how you really feel about her. And then you have loud, real, dirty sex with her.”

“You're right,” Finn agreed.

“You're going for door number two right? Because.... I’m coming, baby.” Puck terminated the call abruptly.

Finn grinned. Then his eyes landed on the other man in the room who had been eavesdropping unashamedly. “Um, I’m going to have to take a rain check.”

Greg laughed. “Are you sure? Because I think there's a lot to be said for the fake, gay sex option.”

“Thanks, but I’ll pass.”

Greg left. Finn paused just long enough to brush his teeth and apply some cologne before he too left the room and took the stairs down to Rachel's floor.

He took a deep breath to calm his nerves before he knocked on her bedroom door.

She opened it almost at once. Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw him.

Finn sucked in a lungful of air. She looked so incredibly beautiful. “I'm not gay. I’m one hundred percent straight. And I’m one hundred percent in love with you.”

“Thank God,” Rachel exclaimed. She grabbed him by the collar of his bathrobe and hauled him into the room.

Finally there was no more pretence between them. And in very quick time, there was no clothes between them either.