chapter 16: The Deal

By the time they made it back to the hotel, most of the guests had managed to drag themselves out of bed and were milling around the veranda waiting for brunch to be served. Finn and Rachel found a small table for four in a quiet corner and waited for Quinn and Puck to join them.

"I can't believe that we've just gotten together and you're jetting off to Mexico in a couple of hours," Finn whined in a low voice.

"I know. And it's another four weeks until Quinn and I move to New York," Rachel added. "But, we've waited this long, another month isn't going to kill us. Right?"

"I guess not," Finn said with an exaggerated pout. "Though I might die of jealousy thinking of you at the beach surrounded by hot guys in bath suits rubbing sun cream on your back."

Rachel laughed. "Finn, we're going with our mothers. So the worst we'll be doing is looking at the hot guys. Besides, I'm going to be jealous too, thinking of you in Central Park surrounded by hot guys in shorts and t-shirts, checking out your fine ass."

"I promise, I'll stick to the 'You can look but don't touch rule' if you do."

"Agreed."

They shook hands solemnly and laughed.

"There's Quinn," Rachel exclaimed, and waved to catch Quinn's attention.

Quinn waved back and wound her way through the tables to join them. "Hey guys," she said as she plonked down beside Rachel.

"Where's Puck?" Finn asked. He hoped that Puck hadn't made a mess of things already.

"He went upstairs to change," Quinn said with a smile that Finn found unsettling. "So, what's the lie of the land here? Have you two bumped uglies or what?"

"There was nothing ugly about it," Rachel said. Then she grinned cheekily. "But we totally did."

Quinn squealed with happiness and hugged her. "About time. Let's go get breakfast before Puck comes down and eats everything."

They joined the small line at the buffet table just as Puck entered the veranda.

"Hey guys," he greeted. He took one look at the smile on Finn's face and knew. "So, I take it that means you finally did something about your Rachel infatuation?"

"Yup," Finn beamed with pride.

"About time."

Finn and Rachel laughed.

"Puck," Quinn said, an edge to her voice and that unsettling smile back on her face. Finn was suddenly very nervous.

"Quinn," Puck pleaded.

"Do it," she ordered.

"Do what?" Finn asked.

Puck answered his question by grabbing Finn, pulling him close and planting one on his lips. Unlike the very brief kiss they'd shared the morning before in the hotel lobby, this one was long. Even worse, Finn could feel Puck's hand slowly slide down his back and then cup his butt.

Finn pulled away then, trying not to make it too obvious.

"Sorry," Puck sighed quietly. "She made me do it." He pointed at Quinn who looked completely delighted with herself.

Finn glanced at Rachel. Her face had turned pink and she was giggling. She looked like she'd enjoyed the show as much as Quinn had, which mollified Finn somewhat.

"Happy?" Puck asked Quinn.

"Supremely."

They got their breakfast and made their way back to the table. Once there, Quinn pulled out a phone. "Instant replay."

Puck and Finn paled. Rachel and Quinn crowded together over the screen and watched the video on Quinn's phone.

"That was hot," Rachel said, she took the phone from Quinn to watch it again.

"You recorded it?" Puck accused.

"D'uh," Quinn said with a flick of her hair. "Don't worry. I'm not going to post it on Youtube or anything. It's purely for my own viewing pleasure."

"And mine too," Rachel said and she held up her own phone and showed that now she had it too.

Finn wiggled his eyebrows at her. "Like that do you?"

"I don't think I believe you," Puck told Quinn. She was just evil enough to post it on the net.

"You've nothing to worry about," Quinn assured him. "I don't want anybody to think I'm dating a gay guy. But, you break my heart again and I'm going to make Brody buy me some time on a screen in Times Square and that's going up."

"She'd do it too," Puck said as an aside to Finn.

"Then don't be stupid again," Finn recommended. "Besides, so what if people think you're gay? Is it really the worst thing in the world?"

Puck considered it for a moment. "I guess not," he said after a while.