SCREAM

I couldn't even react before another woman came tromping through the door. "I'm Thalia, Don't get comfortable with me, I'm not your friend I'm strictly here to prepare you for the prince." She proclaimed this so everyone could hear. "Get to your rooms, maids will be around shortly to bring you a variety of dresses. Pick one and be at the dining hall by seven, most of you will talk with the prince and the rules will be explained. If you're late for breakfast you will be eliminated." I heard her high heels clicking as I watched her black hair swish back and forth as she walked away.

"I'll see you at 7" I said to Cleo

"This is gonna be hell."

I disappeared back into my chambers to run a hot bath everything in this palace had technology, but yet, outside everything in our kingdom was nothing like this palace. Our kingdom had hand raised meat and freshly picked crops. People rode horses around, that was until you get into the town part of the kingdom. But only certain people with money could live in the town. I hadn't seen any cars yet, then again I had no window I haven't seen anything outside yet.  I put some bubbles in the bath and eased into it, letting my muscles relax, this might have been the first time in years. That made me think about my parents, something I haven't thought about yet. They would be looking for me, I'm sure all those other girls mother's and father's we're looking too. I had nearly fallen asleep until I heard the door creak open and then shut. Must be the dresses. I thought, my mind racing, somewhat excited to see what I got. On my bed sat three dresses, a solid color pink dress that touched the floor and was sleeves. The second dress was a royal blue one that would be very tight and short, not exactly what I would want for a casual breakfast. The third dress was perfect.

 The third dress was perfect

I put on short socks that went just below my ankle, I wore no shoes, I mean what's the point it's not like anyone will notice, my feet will be under a table the whole time.

I waited for Cleo, Sophie, and Elias to go to breakfast with.

"You look great." I said to Elias who wore a beautiful green dress that touched the floor "it really makes your eyes pop." She was about to say something when a door opened.

"Oww." I groaned annoyed as I rubbed my arm where the door had hit.

"Watch it, girl, I can't be late for the prince, since I'm the one who will be his mate and future queen." She smirked

"You're way too smitten with yourself, there are 45 other girls here and you certainly aren't on the top of the list." I took a moment to look at her outfit, it was horrible for this casual breakfast. This girl was wearing so much makeup she could've been a clown at a kids birthday. Her dress was more like a prom dress way too extravagant it had a slit in the leg so one of her legs was exposed. Her dress was cut down to her naval showing her cleavage. The dress dragged behind her, and her friends stood beside this atrocity. When she turned on her heels and swung her hair in my face Nicole came up to me