Are You Jealous

"wait, your Kodas brother?"

He smirked at me "you sound surprised."

"I am."

I hadn't even realized we were walking down the hallway till we arrived at the girls' room.

"So how many siblings do you guys have?" I questioned this new acquaintance who could very well turn into a great ally for me in this palace, especially with the murders going on. Then again could I really trust anyone?

"You should know, have the people stopped keeping up with the royal family?" He feigned horror.

I shrugged "I don't really find keeping up with the everyday antics of prissy princesses, and perfect princes, at the top of my to-do list."

"Well you got one thing right, I am a perfect prince." I groaned just as arrogant as his brother, must run in the family. My thoughts were interrupted by him "anyway, to answer your question I have three siblings including Koda. My little siblings are twins, Neka and Niko."

"Well, your parents sure hoped they would be close. Naming them like that and all."

"Yeah, well they're pretty inseparable."

"Well I really must be going, I have business to attend to."

"Oh, but wait I never got your name." I watched as he walked away. He turned back for a second and smirked as he disappeared around the corner. What was with this Castle, and the people in it.

PARIS POV
I groaned turning to Koda. "Oh relax I just wanted to talk to you further about the situation."

"I'm listening."

"Who would you suspect is the most likely to have done this."

I shrugged "certainly not that girl you're with, Ava." Her name felt like poison on my tongue.

He had a shit eating grin on his face as he stared at me, "do I sense jealousy."

"No, you sense my disgust, at your vial taste in women."

"Who else would you suggest me to be with." He raised an eyebrow at me.

I crossed my arms, "what exactly are you implying."

He leaned in close to my ear "I'm implying whatever you want baby."

I pushed him away "watch it your royal ass kisser. You just need to find the girl who's your soulmate so we can save Vampira from Servania."

For the rest of the day, we sat in Cleo's room discussing the murder.

"What about that Ava girl, she seems very smitten with the prince, that's good motive to try and start eliminating people herself."

I shook my head at Cleo's thought. "No, it couldn't be her. If you haven't noticed she's a complete idiot. She's definitely not smart enough to pull that off." Everyone laughed at my comment.

"It could all just be an act what if she's playing herself down, to take suspicion off of herself." Nicole uttered adding her input.

"Guys, do we really have to talk about murder?" Sophie said timidly.

I sighed looking at a clock on the nightstand. "EVERYONE COME OUT" Thalia's voice echoed through the hall practically vibrating off the furniture my heart raced at what unfortunate event could've happened now. "ok, you should all get some rest. Some of you could have a very nice day tomorrow. In the morning the prince will be picking five of you to get out of these castle walls to have some...private time with him. The rest of you will stay here making yourselves useful cooking and cleaning." I sighed knowing I was going to be one of the ones picked to go with the prince. "Goodnight." I said to my friends exiting to go to my room.

Morning broke, and I heard the shrill shrieks of Thalia "Rise and shine, I have the list of the girls going." I yawned, my hair over my face I looked like a monster I didn't even care, my hair covered one half of my entire face. I was finally beginning to register my existence when Thalia started reading the list.

"Lia tomi, Cathy Garter, Ellie taylor, Ava little, and Mira Sepple. My head snapped to the side to stare at her as she closed the list and my name hadn't been on it. I could feel Ava's burning smirk on the back of my head practically setting my hair on fire. I hadn't been picked, I really had no clue why this was affecting me so much.

I spent my whole day cleaning up the Palace with the maids I was surprised I felt envy, not for the girls, but because of the fact they got to go outside. It still confused me how I hadn't gotten picked, Koda had seemed so into me." It was late afternoon when they got back.

"Oh it was WONDERFUL. We had a picnic in the Meadows with lots of beautiful flowers and we talked and talked it was so amazing. I'm pretty sure I have him wrapped around my finger." She squealed I rolled my eyes not willing to hear her regale her tale of her perfect Cinderella story. "Well, well, well if it isn't Paris. How was your day of cooking and cleaning did you eat all the food it would certainly look like it" she pointed down to my physique, I wasn't fat but I certainly wasn't skinny.

"No but I think I found your favorite snack, diet air." I forced a smile as I saw Koda walk back in I left the floor I was mopping as soon as I saw him.

"Can we talk privately."

"Sure." He led me to his chambers and I sat down on the couch.

"So, what's with me not being on the list."

He Chuckled and grinned at me before leaning down putting his nose to mine "I didn't know you cared."

I pulled back scowling at him " I don't." I said defensively turning around.

"Seems like you do." He said at my neck in a flash "I'll make it up to you." With that he grabbed my neck and squeezed taking my breath away.

A/N: hope you liked the chapter please vote comment and share it around and I'll see all of you in the next one.