Gentle grasp

KODA POV
"She's getting better." It had been a couple more hours since Paris' fevers set in. Mia had been giving me hourly updates on her condition. "KODA LOOK." Elias shouted as she had been watching the screens. I looked over to see Jasper walking towards us. Thank God he's alive I thought. He pulled out a walkie-talkie to communicate. "Hey, it's Jasper. It's clear now, you can come out now." I ran over to the door putting in the code to open the door. Once it was opened, I scooped up Paris in my arms. As soon as we stepped out of the room we saw mostly death and Carnage. Bodies scattered across the ground, wolves, and guards. Paris reached up to touch my face tears in her eyes "Koda, how could this happen?" She asked, her hands felt raw, sweat still beaded on her forehead. I put my hand over her eyes "shhhh, sleep now." She looked at me one more time before passing out. Stumbling through the bodies I finally found the makeshift infirmary. She looked so peaceful not in pain. "I'll be back soon." I whispered and kissed her forehead, I glanced at her one last time before I walked out.

"JASPER." I called

"HERE."

"What in the hell happened here."

He could barely speak, out of breath from running to me. His body was coated in dust, fresh sweat drenching his face pouring down to his chest.

"Wolves, they finally did it they attacked."

"Son of a bitch, ok, meet me in the war room in ten minutes."

I looked around assessing the damage the grenades really did a number on this place. Luckily it was only to one floor of the castle, it could be repaired in a couple of months maybe less. After that I immediately went to the war room upon walking in I was greeted by the grave looks on my mother and father's faces along with their cabinet.
"They are not going to get away with this. We must retaliate" My mother chanted.

"I know dear, but we mustn't do anything radical."

"Radical is exactly what we need right now." She countered

"WE NEED TO ATTACK." Shouted a random member of the cabinet.

"We should put this to a vote." I suggested. Most people agreed

"If you agree we should retaliate but not do anything radical say aye." Out of the 14 cabinet members, seven agreed which means seven thought something radical should be done my parents stood on opposite sides so the swing vote was up to me.

"Go ahead son." My father encouraged gently

"We definitely need to retaliate but doing something radical for vengeance would not be wise right now." My father clapped me on the back "good job my son." My mother looked at me, a look of contempt on her face. I stared back at her not backing down, I was to be future King and this was how I would rule not with an iron fist as she had wanted but with a gentle but firm grasp.

A/N: Sorry for short chapter but I hope you enjoyed please vote follow and share this around I would really appreciate it, I feel like this story is growing so fast and I'm really grateful.