Mission

I didn't try to break free from his grasp, knowing he was stronger and would subdue me anyway. He took a deep breath before pulling away from me

"your blood smells heavenly."

"Yeah, well, don't get your hopes up for tasting that." I said rubbing my neck where he had grabbed it, there was no pain just a weird feeling.

I spoke to Elias back at the girl's hall. She told me about the weird man she had talked to earlier, she never got his name but she had found him out to be Koda's brother. A scream rocked through the whole hall I looked at Elias who had a deadly look in her eyes. We practically scrambled out of bed to the source of the horrible shriek. When we stepped out of Elias's room we already saw a huge crowd forming, we pushed through the sea of both curiosity, and, horror, until we made it to the body. It was one of the girls who went on the date with Koda, what was her name, Cathy Garter, yeah that's it. Her body was very pale and cold but she had immaculate makeup on, and wore a fancy dress. What had happened? Did the murderer dress her up to make her look beautiful? In her case, she had her wrist slit no blood was coming out but you could still see the marks, my body stilled as I saw blood smudged on a note card next to her body. Like last time, the note was read aloud.

Poor little Cathy, made a fatal mistake. Because of that, it is her life I will take. Please just heed my warnings for your own sake. I'm leaving your lives up to you again, hopefully, this is not the decision you'll make.

Jeez, that was the moment I decided that I would start carrying a sword....or at least a knife.

"It's YOU." I heard someone shout

"How, ridiculous I'm not stupid enough to do that."

People started bickering and shouting at each other about who had committed this crime.

"ENOUGH." Nicole shouted trying to call attention away from the bickering to herself. I stalked up to Ava out for blood.

"YOU, its YOU." I growled shoving my finger into her chest. "You're the one that's been all lovey-dovey on Koda, yet you're not dead. Unfortunately." I muttered that last part but made sure she could hear.

"Excuse me, I could say the same about you. You're always disappearing around a corner with Koda or sometimes you guys can't even wait and show the public. So tell me who's to say you're not the killer you've been trying to run things since we got here which is suspicious."

My blood boiled as I listened to the absurd accusations of this girl. "Oh please, I didn't go with Koda like you did, AND it was one of the girls from the list who got murdered which puts YOU at the top of MY list."

"Whatever, I'm watching you, if I were you I'd watch your back ." She growled as she sauntered away.

"THAT A FUCKING THREAT." I yelled at her my teeth bared.

I felt someone tug gently on my hair.

"mind your mouth." I recognized the vial voice of Koda

"Let go of me." I said as I ground my teeth together.

"Fine." He whispered before forcing me down careful not to push too hard. He smirked, "you need to stand up for yourself little thing." I was mortified he had done this in front of the other girls, hell they probably got pushed around by Koda too since none of them spoke up against his manhandling, or maybe they were just too cowardly to stand up against the royal asshole.

"Come. NOW." I whisper yelled to Koda as I got up, I gestured for Elias, and Nicole to join me too. These were the people closest to this murder and the most hands-on. I grabbed Koda's hand and pulled him along, I tried to ignore the bolt of energy that shot through my body at our touching. When we got to his quarters he slammed the door behind us, glaring at me. I crossed my arms not breaking his gaze.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" He yelled at me.

"What, it was a valid point it could've been Ava."

"No, Paris it couldn't have been, Ava doesn't have the intelligence for that." Nicole uttered

"She could just be dumbing herself down to make you think that exact thing Nicole, Elias countered.

"That's it enough." I said getting their attention. "We need to figure out who did this before we get more bodies at our doorstep."

"Koda we should move the girls, spread them out more from the hall." Nicole suggested sweetly, looking up at him through her eyelashes. I could tell she didn't want to make him angry. I rolled my eyes as he stalked up to her and grabbed her chin, "Such a brilliant mind, all wrapped up in this pretty little head." I felt like gagging as he stroked her face with his knuckles. I turned away crossing my arms at his display, he seemed to notice this and grin.

KODA POV
Nicole did have a great idea, spreading the girls out would be better they wouldn't be such sitting ducks. I looked at Paris I really should talk to her about the job. A few hours ago Jasper had come to me with a report of a job. Jasper wanted to lead a mission where we would lure a mutt with one of the girls to get some information and I knew just who I wanted to see in a short skirt.

A/N: So that's the chapter for the day. 😊 I'd appreciate if you all could vote for this leave some comments and share it around. Also new chapters Saturday and Sunday too I'm thinking of doing a new story along with this it would be like fanfiction but not really. It would be my pleasure but using characters from a different book and the plot would try to go off where the last book ended so I guess fanfiction but I honestly don't like that term 😂😂😂 anyway this was really long I'll see you all in the next one.