look at the stars ☄️🌠

KODA POV
We followed Elias all the way to the mutts car until we had the signal from Jasper then I and my brother grabbed the two mutts and subdued them with a sedative quickly. "Paris come now." I saw her scurry out of the club. I helped Jasper put the mutts in the van and he drove off, the rest of us got In the sports car and sped off.

PARIS POV
It was late when we got back and I wasn't too inclined to answer the curious questions of the other girls right now. Since I'm clearly irritated about club X I hope they would leave me alone, or maybe Koda would be lenient for once and I could sleep outside tonight under the soft glow of the stars. I ran quickly to my room trying to be sneaky I practically tore off the tight dress and pulled on a long baggy grey shirt, then thigh high black stocking and short grey cotton shorts. If I hoped that Koda would let me out tonight I had to be prepared if he did, don't want grass or bugs getting into places they weren't welcome. I trudged out of the girls' hall and to Koda's chambers. I was stopped at his huge doors by guards

"let me in I have to talk to Koda."

"He's not here at the moment ma'am." His response was very robotic like it was programmed, but he wasn't getting rid of me that easily.

"Well, I'll wait for him inside."

"I'm afraid I can't let you in."

"Koda will be furious. Let me in or you'll have to answer to him." That was the only card I had to play and so I did this man still didn't budge that was until Koda appeared from around the corner.

"Guard, what's going on." His voice sounded demanding like always

"This, lady," he seemed to use that word in the loosest term. "Is demanding immediate entry to your chambers to discuss with you some matter or another." Koda waved a dismissive hand. "Guard you are to let her in whenever she pleases don't fail to do so again." With that, I walked in and sat on his bed he didn't speak for a while and my mind drifted back to the club, when the mutts hadn't picked me, what's wrong with me. I thought I'm just as pretty as Elias right?

"What's whirling around in that head of yours?" I sighed but gave no response. "Is this about the club?"

"No." I said rushing to answer too quickly.

"I figured, you seemed upset before too, though I don't know why you would feel upset for being rejected by a mutt. That's a good thing in my book."

"Well, I guess we just have different books." I said this as I looked down embarrassed by myself, that I was feeling self-conscious and even more so, that Koda had picked up on it. "I think you're very beautiful." He said in a raspy whisper. I was getting up to leave to spare what little dignity I had left. Koda grabbed my arm and pulled me back down "you have to stay here tonight. Like Nicole said we're going to spread out the girls more." I wasn't going to protest, I would rather sleep with someone rather next to them. It's like you always have someone to watch your back. I really don't understand how people can live in a house by themselves.

"Koda, I was hoping you would let me go outside."

"Outside, now?" He smirked I had no idea what he was thinking.

I nodded clasping my hands together behind my back, Koda was making me feel weirdly vulnerable right now. "Ok, we can go outside." I grinned at him excited to finally see the outside again. Even though this is new world there weren't skyscrapers all around the place though a lot of places had mansions businesses and penthouses I loved seeing the city side too. It was amazing how the cities came alive at night. On one side of the castle was new world and the opposite side old world, around the castle there was a circle of land it's neutral. There was meadows and grass and forest. Koda led me to a double door I had never seen before, it was all glass and led to an open field of grass. I walked out feeling the grass through my stockings. I saw the moon and among it all the twinkling stars. I twirled around my shirt spinning like a dress I felt eyes on me and turned smiling at Koda.

KODA POV
I watched her intently, mesmerized by her beauty as she twirled around under the twinkling lights that seemed to shine a bit brighter tonight. My heart leaped as she showed me her brilliant smile. I was never in the business of trying to make anyone happy but she had her ways....what a dangerous creature. She pulled out a phone, I had no idea she had. She turned and smiled deviously at me. Paris pressed a few buttons on the phone before a light tune started playing. I watched as she moved and contorted, a laugh erupted from me at the movements of her body. She paused then pulled me into her.

"Come dance with me."

"You don't look like much of a dancer." I chuckled

"I'm not, but who's gonna see besides us." I couldn't argue and gave in, as I twirled her around she couldn't contain her laughter and neither could I. When we were all worn out she collapsed onto the ground.

PARIS POV
"Look at the stars." I said pointing "there's the little dipper, see it." He sat down next to me and nodded.

"Yeah, they are beautiful, there's not a lot in new world."

I frowned "I wouldn't know. I'd like to see new world someday." New thoughts about this competition were invading my mind, how much time did we have until Servania tried to attack what other kingdoms would get involved. What was done with the two wolves that had been captured at the club?

"Why are you having this competition?" I asked deciding I wanted some answers.

"I thought you knew, to save us from destruction-" I cut him off.

"I know that but why the competition, I mean why can't you just fuse with everyone until you find your mate? Things would go a lot quicker." He laughed at me until he realized I was serious.

"You can't just go around randomly fusing with people. If you fuse with the wrong person things could go wrong. Your body can combust, you could die, you could be badly burned." I shuddered at the thought of that happening to someone here.

"How do you know?"

"Know what?"

"Who's your mate. I mean what if none of us is your mate?"

"It doesn't work that way, our mates are not like the wolves. Our mates come from personal connection, if you're close to someone they have a greater chance to be your mate, though it does not guarantee anything. If your love is truly meant to last and is deemed unbreakable by fate, then you'll have your mate. So I'm sure one of you will be my mate."

I nodded "anyone in mind?" He said nothing and we sat in silence until I was drawn into sleep by the sounds of owls and the light rustle of grass.

A/N: Hope you liked that chapter. I would REALLY appreciate if you could vote, comment, and share this around. See you in the next one. 😄🤣👋