E I G H T

"Wake up god dammit." I heard a gruff voice, and slippery cold liquid rushed down my face. I opened my eyes in record time. "Up." He growled.

"You must be the captain." I smiled, trying to ignore his frown. "I'm Ash-"

"I didn't ask you who you were, now up!" He commanded, I obeyed giving him a sarcastic salute.

"Now boy, do you know a Luke? Lucas?" He questioned, I shook my head.

"No." I said lying through my teeth.

"You know I don't like liars ye here." He narrowed his gaze down toward me. "If you don't. Just makes the job easier for you, now follow me." He grabbed my arm with his good hand, his other having a sharp hook ready to demolish anything in his way.

What job? I wondered. I walked behind him on the deck, the floor boards creaking with every step I took.

The captain creaked open a door to a room which was pitch black. Water droplets and puddles everywhere. In the middle of the room was a sack. I was soon told to lug it out of the room.

I dragged it out into the early daylight. Captain Greg used his thick hook to tear open the bag. An unconscious boy tumbled out.

"Kill him." Was captains only command.

"But why." I said biting back the shriek that wanted to come out.

"It's Luke, ya said you didn't know him, shouldn't be too hard son." He smiled a nearly toothless smile. "Chop chop, me boys were nice enough to make him unconscious."

I boiled up with anger, I thought I could trust them. And there was only one person who would tell where he was, only one person that hated Ashton enough to do this.

Captain threw him a pocket knife. "Chop Chop. And don't get too crazy, you'll be the one to clean the mess up."

I nodded, but in the inside my stomach was churning and my Bain was dying to think of a plan.

Once captain finally left. I ripped off both sleeves from my shirt thinking fast. I opened the pocket knife and cut both of the so that instead of being a cuff they were lines of fabric. I took the first price and clutched it in my hand. I breathed in deeply. I needed to wake Luke up the only way I knew how to at the moment. Pain.

I took the pocket knife and opened it. Count to ten, 1, 2, 3, 4,5,6.7,8. I braced myself. 9...10. I slit his left and about 3 inches open, and I immediately saw that familiar blue of his eyes. Before he had time to scream I placed the cloth in my hand in his mouth to bite down on. I used the other piece to wrap around the gash.

"Luke." I breathed. His eyes watered. "I'm not going to kill you. But as soon as I put you in the water swim as fast as you can. I can't explain much, we don't have much time."

He shook his head and spit out the cloth. "I cant swim." And great, this kid can fly but not swim, fucking perfect.

"Stay a float for as long as possible then. I'll come get you just- stay a float." I commanded. "Close your eyes."

"Captain!" I yelled. He came through the door. "Think I want to throw him over board." I faked a smile. "Less of a mess." I gestured to the slightly bloody floor.

"Go ahead." He smiled, "you'll be a great asset to the team."

"Thank you." I nodded.

"We'll drive the ship farther out." He gruffly said. "In case he tries to escape, he'll have no where to hide." My heart stopped. I gulped.

"No need to, I mean, he'll drown for sure." I gripped Lukes wrist Harder.

He stared me down. "We'll drive the ship further out." He stated again watching my fingers before slamming the sort behind me.