2.Love?

"My keyword is... um... Love"
I was surprised. This was unexpected. It was a deep topic and comparatively more difficult than other keywords. Come on, someone talked about mango!

"I'm sorry" she said after 10 seconds of silence and walked down the stage.

"Okay, I'm going" Haeri left.

Performing on stage is hard but walking away with failure is harder. I was sure she was nervous, shocked, embarrassed and dejected.

I walked towards her thinking I would cheer her up by buying her lunch. "Hey! It's okay. It was a little too deep for a speech of just a minute. Cheer up. That keyword was of another level from other keywords. You just got unlucky, it's not your fault."

"I'm sorry I disappointed you. What was that? What can I talk about love.... I mean... what is love? I'm sorry my mind went blank when I was on the stage."

What is love? Parents' love? Friends' love? Romantic love? Can I even explain. Anyways let me tell her I will buy her lunch. I was deep in thought and by the time I came back to my senses she had disappeared. Huh, where did she go?

I had forgotten all about it the next day because I simply had no time to think about it. I was always busy in our house booth. I hanged out with either juniors or seniors from my house. My best friend Jihyo was yellow house so she hanged out with other classmates from yellow house. Jihyo and I didn't hang out during school weeks partly because both of us are busy with our own houses' activities and partly because our conversation somehow always ended up with house competition and we couldn't stop fighting.

I saw the Triplet often sitting in audience in different competitions. I wanted to know their names, especially the small girl. But I was too shy to approach them alone.

----------------------

"Mina, have you been practising? Momo from Green House and Sana from Red House are no joke. Seulgi is a strong contestant too. Momo won last year and people are expecting her to win again" Nayeon Sunbae said looking up from the paper she was reading.

"Yeah, I practise everyday at home." It was my first time participating in the senior (9th to 12th grade) solo dance inter house competition. Momo and Sana were my seniors, sophomores. They were well known for their dances. They were also our school's cheerleading stars. I felt nervous competing with them.

The last of the school week was always the most exciting and fun one. Because, after sports meet and literary competitions, musical and dance competitions were held on the last day.

--------------------------
"Mina, you look so elegant and feminine with that make up and white dress! Don't go out of this room, your look will kill people!" Jihyo exclaimed. We were in the green room getting ready for my performance.

I smiled at her, "Shut up silly. Don't be so loud." Even though we were in different houses she still came to cheer for me.

"Stand here. Maybe strike a pose. I will take pictures."

I stood up and smiled and posed for her.

"Oh perfect!"

"Let me see."

"Mina, stand by. Your turn is coming up." A student informed us. I silently prayed and waited for my turn.

"Best of luck my friend" Jihyo wished me with a big grin. "I will sit with the audience so that I can watch your performance" she patted my back and left.

I heard a performance end and the MC took over the stage amidst the sound of loud applause from cheering the performance that just ended.

"That was very energetic, wasn't it my friends? Coming up next to perform and represent Blue House is MYOUI MINA!" The MC cheerfully announced.