4

Bella's P.O.V.

After I woke up, I crawled into Esme's lap and she started playing with my hair. 

Soon, a man and a woman came in. The man looked scary, so I started whimpering and backing away from them. "Hi, my name is Olivia and this is Elliot, what's your name?" the lady asks me. 

"B-Bella," I say. 

"That's a pretty name," the man, Elliot says. 

"E-Esme, c-can th-they le-leave?" I ask she shakes her head no. I whimper and soon, Carlisle comes in with a wheelchair and a nurse behind him. "Bella, what do you think about coming with me and we go to the playroom?" Olivia asks. 

"N-no! I-I wa-want to st-stay wi-with E-Esme!" I say, starting to cry. 

"I will be right here, when you come back, okay?" she asks, I nod. "Wh-why do I n-need a wh-wheelchair?" I ask. "I'll tell you after, okay?" Carlisle says I nod. Olivia helps me off the bed and I find it difficult to walk, but ignore it and then she helps me sit down in the chair. After, Carlisle took me and Olivia to the playroom. When we arrive, I stand up and began to slowly walk towards a table, but then I trip and fall. 

Carlisle, Olivia, and Elliot come to help me up, but a swat at them with my hand. 

"N-no! N-no! St-stay away f-from m-me!" I say, crying. I quickly crawl into a corner and curl up into a ball and continue crying. I feel a hand on my back and my body starts to get stiff. "Shh, It's okay," I hear Olivia say. I start to relax. 

After I calm down, we sit down at the table, with Olivia helping me. She gives me some crayons and paper and I start to color what Sir had done to me. "So, can you tell me what your home life is like?" she asks. "S-Sir, h-he blames m-me for ki-killing my m-momm-mmy, so I-I deserve ev-everything S-Sir does t-to m-me," I say. 

"Now, why would you think that?" she asks. I shake my head no and go back to coloring. She starts to color with me. Soon, I finish and show her my drawing. She looks at it. 

"Can you tell me who this is?" she asks, pointing to Sir. 

"That's Sir and that's me laying on the floor," I say, she nods. 

I get up and slowly walk towards the toys. I pick up a doll and slowly walk back to Olivia. "Bella, can you show me where Sir would hurt you?" she asks me, I nod. I grab my hair and gently pull it. "He would pull your hair?" she asks, I nod. Then I touch the dolls no-no spot. "He would touch you there too?" she asks, I nod. "Where else would he hurt you?" she asks. I grab the doll and grab the arms and legs.

" Your arms and legs?" I nod and then next, I grabbed the doll and threw it across the room.

"He would throw you?" I nod. 

I start crying. "I wa-want Es-Esme!" I cry. "Bella, you can't have Esme right now," Olivia tells me. But I shake my head no. "I-I want Es-Esme no-now!" I cry.  "Okay, okay," Olivia says. "I'll go get Esme, but while I do, can Elliot come in and stay with you?" she asks, I hesitantly nod. 

She stands up and goes out of the room. 

After, I quickly find a place to hide. 

I hide under the table and then I bring my legs to my chest and hide my face. I hear footsteps coming up to the table. "Bella, where are you?" he calls. 

"There you are," he says. 

I lift my head to see him looking at me. 

"Pl-please do-don't hurt m-me," I cry. "Shh, It's okay. How about you come out and we play whatever you want?" he says, I nod and he helps me get out of under the table. 

"Wh-what's wr-wrong wi-with m-me?" I ask him. 

"Nothing Bella. Dr. Cullen will tell you later," he tells me, I nod. 

He sits me down at the table and then sits across from me. I grab a piece of paper and start to color a flower, he does the same. Soon, I finished my butterfly and then I slowly show Elliot my coloring picture. He smiles and tells me that he likes it. I smile and whisper a small thank you. 

"Do you like to color?" he asks me, I nod. 

"Y-yes," I say. 

"I-I really li-like t-to draw fl-flower and bu-butterfl-flies. Do you li-like bu-butterfl-flies?" I ask him, very quietly. "Yes and so does my youngest daughter, Lizzie," he tells me. "Um, S-Sir ne-never liked m-me t-to dr-draw," I say. 

"Why?" he asks. 

"He ha-hates m-me, be-because I-I killed m-my mommy," I say, starting to cry. 

Finally, Esme comes in. I quickly stand up and I try to run to her, but I notice that It wasn't a run, that I was walking. "E-Esme, wh-what's wrong wi-with m-my legs?" I ask. "Bella, you have a condition that you will have for the rest of your life," she tells me, I nod and start to cry. 

She picks me up and carries me to the wheelchair, I came in with. 

"Shh, It's going to be okay," she says, I nod. 

"Can she go back to her room? She needs rest," I hear Esme say. "She can. We're done here," I hear Elliot say. I feel the wheelchair move and then the last thing I remember is being laid down on something soft and then Esme saying, "Sleep."

Esme's P.O.V.

After Bella falls asleep, Carlisle comes in. 

"Carlisle, can we adopt her? She will never survive in the foster care system. Especially with her CP," I beg him, he nods. "I agree. How about we ask her after she wakes up and if she says yes, we can take her home tomorrow," he tells me, I smile and nod. "But how will we tell her, that we're you know?" I ask. 

"We'll figure it out," he tells me. 

"But we still need to tell everyone," I say. 

"I'll do it after she tells us her choice, then Alice and Rosalie will get her room ready," he says, I nod. I move the hair away from her face and then I sit down on the couch that's beside her. 

Carlisle sits beside me. We cuddle.