Chapter 8- wrong place wrong time

"So how was the dinner with dyl" Layla raises her eyebrows and nudges me.
"Good and bad" I sigh
"Oo spill"
"Well bad first, Mum invited Ryan to the bbq"
"Fuck, why didn't you just say you don't want him there" Layla asks
"Seems a bit sus doesn't it, I was fine getting drunk at his house but no way can he come have dinner at mine, and I can't exactly say 'hey Mum can Ryan not come, we kind fucked and then he cheated on his girlfriend with me and now I don't speak to him'"
"Well it'd provide some great dinner entertainment"
"You're an actual idiot" I laugh
"and the good?" Layla asks
"Dyl and I had sex and now we're together"
"Oh my god no way! I've been waiting for this moment for ages, yay I'm so happy for you" she pulls me into a hug and squeezes me.
"too tight too tight" I struggle to breath.
"Fine" Layla lets go. "Seriously though, it's so good that you've finally moved on"
"Yeah" I smile.
"Hey babe" Dylan comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.
"Dyl!" I say excitedly and kiss him on the cheek.
"Aw you two" Layla says
"Guys keep it for out of school, not appropriate for the hallways"
"Of course Mr Gosling, sorry" Dylan says and Ryan continues to walk down the hall.
He's being so immature about this whole situation.
"Fuck what's his problem" Dylan rolls his eyes and ignores Ryan's orders, kissing me multiple times.

*a couple months later*

"Oi guys, party this Friday at mine" one of the guys from our year tells us, smirking at Layla before spreading the news to majority of the seniors.
"I am 100% hooking up with max at his party" Layla says
"He's a stoner Layla, he's probably just going to be hotboxing a room the whole night" I laugh
"Well guess I'll be in that room too then"

*friday*

"Soph we have like an hour before the party, quit messaging Dylan for one minute"
"Fine" I stand up and chuck my phone on Layla's bed.
"What're you wearing" I ask Layla while grabbing her hair straightener.
"One sec I'll get changed"

"Max won't be able to take his eyes of you!""That's what I'm hoping for" Layla laughs"Well I've sorted my outfit, should we go?"

"That's what I'm hoping for" Layla laughs
"Well I've sorted my outfit, should we go?"

"Max won't be able to take his eyes of you!""That's what I'm hoping for" Layla laughs"Well I've sorted my outfit, should we go?"

"Yess! You look so good let's go"
We hop in Layla's car and drive to Max's.
"You look amazing babe" Dylan says, kissing me softly.
"So who's up for shots!" Max calls out and a bunch of us walk to the kitchen.
Many shots later, I'm dancing with Layla in Max's backyard.
"So how's plan hook up with max going" i laugh, grabbing her hand and twirling her to the music playing.
"Im working on it, cya babes" she stumbles off to find max so I'm left dancing with acquaintances.
I haven't seen Dylan all night, why isn't he hanging out with me.
I walk inside and see Dylan with a bunch of guys smoking in a circle.
"Dyl come dance with me" i slur.
"I'm hanging with the boys babe"
"Since when do you smoke" I ask
"Just find Layla soph I'll hang with you later"
I frown at him and walk out the front door. This party sucks.
I start to walk home but Dylan stops me.
"Hey where you going?"
"You obviously would rather hang out with the boys than me"
"Babe that's not true, I hang out with you at every party and it's a bit selfish that I can't hang out with the boys once"
"Selfish?! What the fuck"
"Why are you acting surprised? It is selfish"
I have to admit, I probably was being selfish, but my drunk self likes to be overly sensitive for some stupid reason.
"That hurts, if I'm so selfish then why do you like me"
"Uh I can't deal with this right now, I'm just hanging with the boys for one night, go hang with Layla"
"I can't she's with max, I'm going home"
"Don't go home" Dylan tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear but I push him away.
"What do you want from me! I can't go home but I can't hang with my boyfriend either, and I'm the selfish one?!"
"Go home then, fuuck. I'm going back inside, I'll text you later" Dylan turns and walks back inside.
I can feel my throat tightening as I try to hold back tears. I've never had a fight with Dylan before, what if he wants to break up with me.
It's about 12am and I'm still not even half way home. My mascaras already moved from my eyes to my cheeks and I look like a mess.
I hear guys behind me, they must be from the party too. By the sound of their laughs and yells they are definitely drunk which just makes me nervous for some reason, even though I'm drunk too and it shouldn't scare anyone.
I start walking faster after the boys whistle and call out to me but I'm not fast enough.
One of the guys grab my arm and I try to run but the other one wraps his arms around me. I scream and yell for help, while struggling to break free. One of the boys starts kissing my neck. I shouldn't have left the party. If Dylan and I didn't get in a fight we'd be walking home together and I'd be safe.
They try to get my dress off me but before they can, a car screeches down the street towards us and they let go of me and run.
I don't move. I just stand there frozen, shocked with what just happened.
The car pulls over next to me and Ryan runs out. "Oh my god, sophie are you okay! Did they hurt you!" Ryan frantically looks me up and down to see if I'm injured. I take deep breaths, trying to calm myself down and stop me from shaking but I just end up breaking down even more. "It's okay, they're gone now" Ryan says, rubbing my shoulders to warm me up.
"Chris make some room in the back seat!" Ryan calls out to his friend in the passenger seat who's now leaning over to move boxes and such from the back to clear a space.
"I'll sit in the back, put her in the front Ryan"
Chris says, getting out of the car and moving to the back. Ryan puts his jacket over me and leads me to the passenger side of the car.
"Come on hop in, I'll take you home"
I slowly get up, wiping tears from under my eyes and getting into the car.
"I'm sorry" I cry
"Soph you have nothing to be sorry for, I'm sorry this happened to you"
After 5 minutes of driving Ryan stops at Chris's house to drop him off.
"See you next time brother. Hope you're okay sophie, nice meeting you" Chris says closing the car door behind him.
"So where's Dylan" Ryan says, turning his head from the road for a second to look at me.
"We had a fight, that's why I was walking home alone. UGH I'm such and idiot, why do I always fuck things up"
"Don't say that, you don't soph"
"No wonder we didn't work, apparently I'm too selfish. I am selfish. I hate when people I care so much about care about other people equally or more than me. For some reason I just can't handle that and it kills me"
Ryan pulls over on the side of the road just outside mine and his house.
"Why do I do this to myself, I need to change before I lose everyon.."
Ryan cuts me off by kissing me and then pulls back "I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry"
"Shut up" I giggle and kiss him back, knowing I really should not have.
"I've missed that so much. I've missed you so much soph"