Chapter 9

"I shouldn't have done that, I just miss you and I'm sad and vulnerable and I really like Dylan. Agh why am I such a mess" I groan
"I understand soph, sorry. I'm just glad I saw you when I did. I don't even want to think of what would've happened if I didn't drive past" Ryan says.
"Me too, thankyou so much Ry" I lean in and give him a hug and then get out of the car and into my house.
What just happened.
I lay in my bed and see a voicemail from Dylan. He must've called while those guys were grabbing me. Just thinking about it makes me start to cry again.
I click on the message and let it play while lying on my back staring at the roof.
"Hey soph, I uh I'm really sorry we had a fight, I just wanna say I care about you so so much and if you get this before you're home, please come back to Max's and we can talk. I shouldn't of been such a dick, I don't want to lose you, I'm sorry."
I call Dylan in the hope he's not still at the party.
"Hey babe, did you get my message?"
"Heyy.. you still at the party?" I say, sniffling
"No I'm home now, you okay Bub?"
"Um not really" I take a deep breath but start to sob again and then tell him what happened, apart from Ryan and I kissing obviously.
"I shouldn't have let you leave. Fuck! I'm such a shit boyfriend, I'm so sorry sophie"
"No it's not your fault, I was selfish. I just want you to hold me" I sob
"I'm coming over okay?"
"Okay" I sniff and hang up the phone.
10 minutes later my door squeaks open and Dylan stands there with chocolates.
"I am so sorry" he sits on my bed next to me and wraps his arms around me, with the blanket draped over our shoulders.
We open the chocolate and watch a funny movie on my laptop before I fall asleep on his chest. I finally felt safe.
"Morning beautiful" Dylan leans over me, kissing me all over my face and neck.
"Morning" I laugh, "it tickles stoppp"
He stops and looks at me and I pull his face towards mine so I can kiss him again.
"Are you okay? I wanna find those fucking bastards"
"I'm okay, just still a bit shaken up" I say and he kisses me on the forehead.
"Bed all day?" Dylan yawns and buries his head into my neck.
"Sounds good to me" I say and run my hands through his hair.
We talk and watch movies the whole day and it makes me realise how weirdly comfortable I am with him, maybe he is the one for me and Ryan was a mistake.
"Alright it's getting late I should head" Dylan gets up and I pull his arm, forcing him back into me. He smiles against my lips before kissing me softly. "Night gorgeous" he whispers.
"Night" I smile and watch him leave my room.

I wake up to my alarm early the next day and get ready for school.

"Sophie! Phew, I've been looking all over for you" Layla says, breathing heavily like she'd just ran a marathon.
"What's up? Do you need to sit down?" I laugh.
"I'm fine, but you might want to sit down"
I slowly walk over to a picnic table just outside the corridor and sit down, giving Layla a confused look.
"Just think it's best for me to tell you now seeing that you'll most likely hear it in class but.."
"JUST SPILL" I raise my voice
"there's rumours going on about you and Ryan"
My heart stops. "What?!, there can't be that's impossible."
"I mean they are just rumours at the moment but apparently some girl was walking home from Max's party and saw you and Ryan kiss in his Ute, your lucky that this one actually is a rumour, I would've known if it wasn't"
"Shit." I say under my breath
"What? it's a rumour"
I look around to make sure nobody's nearby "Lay it's not a rumour" I whisper
"Oh my god Sophie! What?! Why wouldn't you have told me that, you tell me everything? And what about Dylan?"
"Please just stop talking for one minute!"
She freezes and looks at me
"The reason I didn't tell you was because it meant nothing, I regretted it straight after and didn't want it to get to Dylan because things are so great with us right now. I was scared and alone and Ryan was there, it just happened. I'm sorry" I frown and she leans over to give me a hug.
"Don't be sorry, I get it. But seriously, if the kiss really meant nothing to you soph, you wouldn't of hidden it, I know you and you really need to think about what you want. Good luck in class I gotta go" Layla says, getting up and walking back into the corridor.
I knew Layla was right. As much as I didn't want her to be, I knew I still wasn't over Ryan.