.11

If Carter could tell you a time as to where he hated being surrounded by his avengers family, not one time would come up. He loved them with his whole being, but sitting in Lagos at a table with Wanda nearly a year after the events in Sokovia, he had really seen her grow and love what she did. He studied her for a minute, before picking up his sandwich, they were currently on a mission with Steve, Natasha, and Sam. Wanda watched him chew from her eyes underneath the dark green baseball cap. She stired her tea for a moment before picking it up and taking a sip.

Carters looked up at the girl who had stole his heart, and noticed her nail polish was chipping a bit as she stirred her tea. Steves voice rang through all the comms, "All right, what do you see? Carter no helping this time." Carter smiled a bit before looking around taking in this beautiful city.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda replied, she was still learning the techniques the others have learned over the years, Carter knew them well. His black baseball cap covering his eyes as he smiled a bit. She was quick, which was a good trait.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve was up in the hotel room where they had stayed the past couple of days, "Cameras." Wanda spoke, tilting her head to the side, "Both cross streets are one-way."

"So, compromised escape routes." Wanda huffed, "Means Rumlow doesn't care about being seen. Son of a bitch isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out either." Carter spoke up then, his eyes meeting Nats sunglass encased eyes.

"You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve spoke, Wanda started scanning the area with her eyes. "Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wanda put dowm her tea, and looked up at Carter. Carter watched her as he scratched the back of his head.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security...which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Natasha whispered, Wanda looked to Carter than, "You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Natasha looked over her shoulder at the two, "Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature."

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Carter spoke up then, looking at Natasha with a raised eyebrow. "Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Nat asked, "Its something Clint told me, don't worry about it." Carter laughed as he watched Wandas expression. Her slight smile causing Carters eyes to shrink up. She remembered all the late night conversations they had about Clint and Natashas friendship in his room at the Bartons.

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him." Steve sounded annoyed, but he knew they were still training, he knew how to handle them, "If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us." Sam finally chimed in.

"Sam...see that garbage truck? Tag it."

"Give me X-ray. That truck's loaded for max weight, and the driver's armed. It's a battering ram." Sam echoed in their ears, Carter looked up at Natasha who looked back at him.

"Go now." Steve rushed out, "What?" Wanda asked as Carter stood up grabbing her hand tightly and walking quickly as possible to a deserted area. "You get yourself up in the air and I'll be right below you the entire time." Carter watched as the girl he loved launched herself in the air with a nod, Carter then looked to the lightpost and closed his eyes. He focused on becoming the energy before he felt himself disolving, and soon he was traveling through the wires. He was getting stronger, but traveling through currents also meant he got tired, and if he over-exhausted himself he could potientally not wake up.