Tenya Iida x Reader

You slouched in your chair basically slamming your head into U.A's pristine desks with an audible bang.

     'Today is too much. I forgot my homework, spilled food all over myself, and tripped right in front of the whole class. Heroes aren't supposed to be so klutzy are they?' Thoughts like these have been plaguing you lately and seemed to only get worse. The things you enjoyed and people you liked to spend time with seemed distant and foreign to you.

     Everyone, except for maybe one person you held in an especually high regard. Someone who was smart, talented, and held a strong resolve. 'How can I compare to him?'

     You were about to get up and leave but not before Iida had confronted you. "(L/N)! Please sit up properly in your desk! They were previously utilized by excellent heroes who work hard today! I ask you to hold yourself in a humble and confident way as well!  Please refrain from tarnishing them!" He indicated to you in wild robotic arm gestures.

     You looked up at him feeling too exhausted to explain your actions. This wasn't such a big deal, after all, there was no reason to be upset. You rubbed your aching temples.

  "(L/n) are you alright?" You sighed, picked yourself up and ignoring Iida's directed concern for you, walked through the classroom door. "(L/n)?"

     Iida turned and directed his attention towards Midoriya and Uraraka. "That seemed most peculiar did it not? Do you think she is alright? (L/n) is usually quite polite and bubbly. Do you think there is anything we can do for her? I don't want a fellow future hero to feel sad, especially one with such a bright future!" He spoke mechanically in a fast paced manner.

     "W-woah, Iida please slow down we can't understand you when you talk so quickly. What was that about (L/n)?"

     Before Iida could repeat Uraraka spoke up. "I think I understand," she smiled mischievously. "Iida if you are so worried, maybe you should go after her."

     "A-after her? It would be most impolite to follow a lady home! Especially someone as kind and talented as (L/n)! Who knows how she would respond! What if I mess it up? I seem to often misunderstand the situation."

     Catching on to Uraraka's plan Deku pitched in. "W-well how will you know if you don't t-try? She would be flattered that you went after her to help her feel better! She definitely sees you as a close...friend?" He looked at Ochaco for assistance but she only gave a thumbs up.

     "Yes! Midoriya as class president, I must go after my dear friend and make sure she is in top condition! For the benefit of the class it is my duty!"

  Uraraka cut in "D-duty? Maybe just tell her you are concerne..." but Iida had already speed walked in your direction (as running in the halls is not allowed 👀)

     'Maybe I'm not cut out for the hero class... how embarrassing would it be do be the one replaced with another student from another class. Maybe I should stop while I'm ahead." You kept your head down and thought to yourself. You looked up at the sky and sighed. 'I can't be dealing with all this right now. I wonder what he would think about it...'

     "(L/N)! MISS (L/N)!" You stopped in your tracks and turned. 'Speak of the devil.'

     "Ye-" You started

     "Please stop being negative in class, it is bringing others down."

     You looked at him, genuinely hurt. 'What else did I expect, he said it himself. I am bringing everyone down.' You smiled sadly at him. "Sorry for being such a burden" You spoke clearly, there was no reason for you to hide behind your soft spoken mask anymore.

     Iida looked mortified. "No no! I didn't mean you were being a burden, I was trying to say your attitude was worrying me and the others! I did not mean anything negative by it!" He stepped towards you and his hands hovered in front of him as if they did not know why they were there either. He meant to reassure you with a hug as a comforting gesture but you turned away from him.

     "Why do you make it sound like there is actual concern for me? There would be no point to that. I've already come to accept it. I don't have a place here." You held onto your elbow and chanced a look at Iida. He looked absolutely speechless.

     Sensing the time to reply he spoke with a gentleness you had never heard before. Almost like he was afraid if he raised his voice any louder, you would break. "(F/n)" You looked at him surprised. "I can't have you thinking of yourself in such a way when you mean so much to everyone... especially me." He blushed slightly at the last part.

  "I think you are more than deserving of the respect and concern of your peers and I can't see you any other way than beautiful, smart, and talented. And those are only a few things that I believe describe you. So," He was standing directly in front of you now. "Please stop seeing you self in such a negative light, please stop dragging yourself down." He cupped your face, lightly caressed your cheekbones with his thumbs and kissed you straight on the lips.

     Unable to speak or make any coherent thought, you stood there shocked in your spot. You felt tears well up in your eyes. Thinking that he did something wrong, Iida quickly stammered out multiple apologies. You quickly cut him off by kissing him on the nose. "I appreciate that, Iida. Thank you so so much." You gave him the genuine, lighthearted smile that you previously had to fake.

     Sorry if the stories might seem rushed, I don't plan ahead or anything, I just sit down and start writing.