Tsuyu Asui x Reader

You and Asui had been close friends ever since the start of the school year. Her blunt, confident personality was a polar opposite of your timid, and shy one, but the two of you somehow clicked.

Tsuyu was never the type to hold back on her thoughts, and you knew her well enough to know that. Maybe that's why you fell for her as hard as you did. You never could speak so freely with what you were feeling, in fear of the consequences.

There was only one way you felt you could truly express yourself, by playing the piano. Of course no one knew you were musically gifted, so your feelings played for no one but yourself. It was a lonely feeling.

"(L/n), are you okay, you seem a bit out of it, ribbit." Tsu croaked. She had her tongue sticking out and tilted her head. Embarrassed, you replied.

"Y-yeah I'm fine! Don't w-worry about it!" You clutched your backpack to your chest and attempted your best composed smile though you could feel your cheeks heating up.

"Are you sure? You're making a strange face and you only stutter that often when you are feeling uncomfortable."

'Notices the little things doesn't she? How are you so perfect!?' You wondered.

"Seriously, I'm fine!" She looked at your now blushing face with her head tilted to the side and shrugged.

"If you say so, ribbit," You could tell she had not dropped the subject but stopped the conversation from going any further. "Do you want to walk home together?" She held out her hand to you.

'So forward...'

"A-actually, I have something very s-special I want... no, need to work on today. You can go on without me." You said, your drive growing stronger. Tsu noticed the little things about you, she saw that you were determined to do whatever it was you needed to do that she smiled to herself. It was rare to see you so pumped to do something.

"Alright, ribbit. I'll see you tomorrow." She gathered the rest of her things and left, waving goodbye as she did so.

You sighed in relief that she didn't question you any further and packed up your things. You bolted out the door, before slowing down at Iida's call to not run in the halls. You went to U.A's highest floor and turned to the second door to your left.

The music room. As U.A didn't focus on musical curriculum, no one in class 1-A knew it even existed. You yourself only found it because you were so nervous to talk to others that you ran into a random room without thinking about where you were going, and it so happened it was the greatest thing that you could have hoped for.

The room itself was huge, the walls being surrounded with books on various topics, and in the farthest area from the door, next to a giant window, was a beautiful grand piano.

You plunked down onto the piano seat, and took a sheet of paper. The paper was titled "For You". You had been working on this song for months in hopes of someday being able to capture how you felt and confess. You had finished the song a few days ago, but had spent your time stalling and trying to perfect your performance as well as gather your courage to actually play to Tsu.

After playing for a few hours you gathered yourself up and headed home. 'Tomorrow. It has to be tomorrow, I have to stop stalling for time. Be bold, like Tsu! She would be blunt about it so I have to make my move!'

The next day

'Nope nope nope I can't do this... I mean if Asui felt the same way wouldn't she have said something already? She is very forward in nature... If she likes me back, she would've just said it wouldn't she? No, no, no! I worked so hard I can't back down now."

You fidgeted nervously in your seat the whole day in receiving a "STOP FUCKING MOVING!" from a pissed off Bakugou and a worried Tsu looking over at you.

After what felt like a million years, the day had ended. Feeling more tense than you ever had before, you approached Asui. "A-asui! I mean hi... um" Tsuyu turned around surprised, you never initiated the socializing with people.

"Ribbit, what's up? You seems more anxious than usual today, (l/n) ;paler too. Maybe you should see Recovery Girl, I can take you ther-"

"NO! I-i mean, I'm feeling fine thank you, I was a-actually hoping I could show y-you s-something today." Without even looking in the mirror you could tell your face had reached tomato on the scale of redness. Your entire face felt warm and you couldn't stop your stuttering. Luckily, Asui found your sudden outburst to be a sign of progress in your confidence and didn't seem to mind.

"Alright, ribbit. Lead the way."

You let out a sigh of relief before tensing up again. 'What am I relaxing for, this isn't even the hard part yet."

The two of you finally reached the room of where you would probably combust in a few moments and you let Tsu admire the room.

"This is quite amazing (L/n), but what did you want to show me, ribbit?" Her toneless voice had not helped in such a stressful situation. You found yourself so nervous that you, had to gesture to the piano instead of speaking as your voice had seemingly failed you.

She looked over and turned back to you, only to see that you had started walking to the piano. You sat down on the stool and reached into your backpack for your sheet of music. You gestured Asui to come closer and placed the music on the holder. She hopped forward and looked at you curiously.

Stretching your fingers for a moment you played. You poured everything you had and hoped the jade white keys would convey your emotions. Your fingers danced over the keys lightly before hitting them more heavily. You swayed back and forth with your eyes closed. So much for the music sheet. You felt sweat start to form on your forehead but you kept your composure and plunked the keys gracefully. The melody was light with the backdrop of heavy hesitancy. You expressed your feelings and finished with a soft melody fading into the now silent music room.

Asui was silent. You expectantly glanced over only to find tears forming in her eyes. "A-asui! W-why are you crying? I-i'm sorry, I didn't want to make you sad, that's not what I was trying to say! I-i was just trying to tell you how I f-felt, you are always so confident, so I wanted to show how much I like you!" You looked at Tsu startled by your own outburst. You squeaked and covered your pinkened face. "What am I saying, I wrote all this so I wouldn't have to confront you like this!"

You felt cool hands grab your own. Asui pulled them in front of you and held them in both of her own hands. She smiled at you. "I wasn't crying because I was sad (L/n), I was crying because it was so beautiful. So very beautiful, like you, ribbit." Your eyes widened and you looked up only to feel a soft pair of lips on your forehead.

"You went through all this trouble for me, wrote your own song, and came out of your comfort zone just to tell me how you feel. You are amazing and that's what I love about you, you try new things despite how scared you are. I held off my confession because I thought you wouldn't take it well but I guess I was wrong. So, I want to ask you this question...can I stay by your side and become a hero with you?"

You gaped at her and chuckled. "Your confession was way more put together than mine. I still have a long way to go but yes," You clutched her hand tighter. "Let's get better in as many ways we can, together."

     Oof that was another longer story, I'm disappointed in myself for taking so long to make a female x reader. Anyway here it is, I think it turned out alright. See ya next time!