Blades

James always makes sure that I spend the night at his house. He doesn't want me to leave. Says it's dangerous for a girl as beautiful as me to wander alone at night.

Last time I left without him knowing didn't end up in my favour. Since then he locks the bedroom and hides the key.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to fall asleep tonight. My pills are in my bag. My bag is somewhere downstairs. Locked away from me.

I hate nights like these. Not being capable of dozzing off leaves me with my thoughts. The scary ones.

The night was long and slow. Pressing myself closer to James didn't fill what's missing in me.

I showered. Dressed up, only to realise that my panties have been ripped. I'll be fine without them, right?
Later he woke up. We had breakfast. He drove me back to work.

"Thank you, Avery, for the night." He took my jaw in his hand and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

I walked in the restaurant, actually on time with Aubrey narrowing her eyes as I walked past her.

"Same dress, huh. Didn't I ask you to behave this time?" She crossed her arms.

"It's totally okay to be jealous." I smiled swinging my bag around.

I went straight to the bar knowing that Noah will pop up in a few. I started digging in my bag, looking for my pills.
Hmmm.. what are we taking today?

Xanax is enough, I hope. I turned around facing the display of alcohol behind me.

"Tequila it is!" I laughed to myself as I grabbed the bottle pouring a glass.

The pill on my tongue just got flushed.

"Did you guys fuck?" Noah jumped on one of the bar stools.

"What did you think we did? Had a tea party?" I laughed licking tequila of the edge of my glass.

"Seems like you guys don't play around. Cover your hickeys, you slut." Laughing he pointed at the marks Mr. Miller left.

"Fuck!" I covered my neck with my hand, scouting my bag for make up with the other.

"Also don't get wasted or high today. You owe me something, remember? Were going shopping later." He smiled wide.

"Theres no escaping it." I rolled my eyes dabbing my neck with my beauty blender. "It's not too visible, is it?"

Noah heads to the kitchen laughing. "Don't let Aubrey see it."
____________________

Our shifts ended and Noah is already dragging me by my hand to the mall. I swear, I don't say this often but he is so gay. Way too gay for his own good.

"Shopping with me, means that you actually have to try and then buy something, Avery" He demanded after I rejected everything that he picked out for me.

"I don't need anything right now." I shrugged chewing my gum.

"You never wear color. You dress like you're ready for a funeral at any given moment." Noah pulled out this loose skirt sleeve-less blue dress. "Oh my god you're trying this on right now!"

He shoved the dress in my hands and pushed me to the dressing room.

"Noah can you unzip me? I can't reach." I asked trying to get a hold of the zipper behind me.

"Um yea sure, there." Just as Noah unzipped, my dress dropped to the ground, exposing my bare ass. Noah jumped and covered the curtain as fast as he could manage. "Why aren't you wearing any lady undergarments??"