Well.. Dad!

Riley's pov

"Come on plz Dad, I have been surfing in Bali since I was an orphan (which I was for only like two days but still, I'm used to surfing by myself unsupervised) when I had no one to protect me and I was fine, plz daddy" I said pouting at the end pretending to be cute, so he would give in.

Let me tell you how I got into this situation.

Three years earlier:

I am 12 and my parents just abandoned me. Maybe I am being a little bit dramatic. Well, not really they did move to California and left me alone in Australia. I had a huge itch to go surfing at Bondi Beach, I can plan out my whole life without them later on.

I arrive at the beach and I head out in the water first for a little swim, I feel a slight pull from underneath the water, and realize I am stuck in a rip, I begin to panic a bit. Ducking under water and swimming back up trying to keep myself from tiring out too much, my hair got yanked, and by the pain coming from scalp I realize that someone was pulling my hair, and another hand grabbed my bicep pulling me out of the water onto a hard service, still getting splashed by water but not drowning. We then started heading in towards the shore. The lifeguard got up off the board and pulled me up with him. He started asking me questions to make sure I was okay until one question made me start crying.

Kneeling down in front of me, He said "Hey love, shh where are your parents? You're a bit young to be out here by yourself right.", urging me to answer his question.

"My parents moved away and left me all a-alone," I answered back, my voice quivering at the end.

"Oh okay, well we're just going to go up to the tower over there for a minute and my name is Jesse by the way." He said pointing towards the tower in the distance.

We then got up to the tower, the nice lifeguard led me to a medical bed and I laid down. I definitely don't want to stay. I just have that nagging feeling that they are going to call child services.. I heard them talking amongst themselves but not loud enough for me to hear, darn! I slowly and quietly snuck off the bed and almost out the door when I heard

"Okay I will tell her what you decided." and that was my cue to leave. Right, when I was at the door I heard someone say "hey come back here" with that I took off running.

I of course heard footsteps following me, but I ignored them and ran while disregarding the pain in my leg from falling on it earlier today. Long story short, my cut was from when I had kicked a branch to get it out my way that morning. As I was continuing running I didn't look where I was going and I slammed into the brick wall near the walkway, ummm ow! I felt someone pick me up and walk back in the direction of the lifeguard tower. I sat down on the bed and I started to get up again but was held down.

"So before you decided to take a nice little run, we decided.. Well Jess said he wanted to adopt you." The lifeguard said, I heard them call him Harris.

"Well I would like to know why Jesse would like to adopt me, I mean he said that before I ran away?" I asked raising an eyebrow as I said this

"Well first I would like to and second I really want a child and I don't really like having or wanting a baby, and I don't think my girlfriend is pregnant yet." He answered.

—----------------------------

That is how I became Riley Polock now on to the next chapter of my life. Are you ready?

Authors note:

Hey guys whats up, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my new story. plz feel free to comment  any ideas you have for this story. Plz vote, comment and follow my account (if you haven't already) Love you guys lots bye:) I promise it gets better. Hello to new readers as well I hope you enjoy this book! it gets a-lot better and more hectic from here.