Well...Returning To The Water

Riley's pov'

Even if you live without fear, it doesn't mean fear isn't affecting you in some way or form. This statement pretty much sums up surfing, because you swim up, catch a wave and right there is where you get that rush of adrenaline in your body. Catapulting you into the air. Honestly when you surf and you manage to stay on your board, it feels like magic keeping you a float. My thoughts are interrupted by the car horn. We are in a car going to bondi beach, Jesse is on patrol, Tullie wants to work on her tan and I am finally going surfing. It has been a week since I was in a coma and another since I got my cast off. I have literally been in my bedroom the whole time. They called it bedrest and doctors orders and I got no sympathy from the boys in blue either, it sure felt a lot more like being grounded then taking time to heal.

Jesse's pov

After a week of being terrified of my daughter losing her life and another week of bedrest. We are finally free and going on a family trip to bondi beach. I am working and Tullie is mainly there to keep an eye on Riley. Since I don't fully trust her to behave, even though all the boys would keep an eye on her too. But Tullie had less priorities and was less preoccupied to not take care of Riles.

Riley's pov

I could feel the wind in my hair, the water below my board and then splash! I had fallen off my board go figure. Since I haven't been surfing in two weeks, and I am also just still getting used to walking. I may have lied to get out here, but I want to get in as much practice as possible. Now if I was skateboarding, my dad would have tied me down to my bed. He thinks skateboarding is ten times more dangerous than surfing, and like the last time a whistle interrupted my thoughts. I looked up to see Maxi on the jetski hovering above me.

"Hey Maxi," I said, looking up.

"Hey Riley, you do realize how far you are out, right huh?" Maxi asked.

"Yes, but you know me Maxi, I grew up beside the ocean, so I am pretty sure I know my way around it." I said. I was letting some attitude sink in because I was getting fed up.

"Yeah, so did more than half the boys on the team, so get on. You do realize we've caught the attention of the team, including your Dad. Now come on." He said pulling me up on the jetski with my board still attached to me by its anklet.

As we got back to the beach, my Dad ran and grabbed my arm before I got a chance to run away.

"Hi Dad, funny to see you here," I said, thinking maybe the funny approach would work this time.

"Now before you yell know that I wasn't doing anything wrong I was just a little far out more than I am usually meant to go," I said. I can feel Maxi's eyes staring at a hole in my back.

"You aren't supposed to think we talked about this a year ago, you remember when I grounded you from surfing for a month," My dad said now, also glaring at me.

"Yeah okay I am sorry bye." I exclaimed.

"I am not done till three, but you aren't allowed to surf today, I don't want to see you nere the water at all okay" My dad said.

"Uh fine bye again." I walked away back to Tulle as I said that.

Authors Note:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter if you did plz comment and vote. I love you guys lots, next chapter will be out soon.