33

MAIA'S POV

Dear Diary,

I am finally back in the place I love, with the person I love. I am happy. I still haven't addressed what I saw at his apartment in LA. I just want everything to be ok again. I was stupid for leaving Diego even though the reason was to protect him. After looking at his apartment I am afraid of the other stuff that has been happening since I left him. To  honest I wasn't doing  so well either, I was cutting and getting crossfaded so I want be able to notice Jack. I don't know anything that  happened after I left.All I know is that Valentina never leaves her room, and Diego checks her room every so often. But I will wait, I am not in the same place with this family like I was before.

DIEGO'S POV

I wake seeing Maia writing in that diary. All I did was stare to admire her features, her hair and eyes and lips. This is the girl I want to marry. I don't know, when a good time would be,but I needed her in my life, and I want her to be mine and only mine forever. Maia starts to close her diary and set it under the bed.
"Diego, there is a high school reunion tonight we should go" Maia says. Why did she want to go back to a where place we only got bullied and made fun of.
" why do you want to go"
" So I can rub into people's faces that you are mine, and you are successful"
Did Maia just call me hers? 
I mean I am happy she did I love this girl to death.
" I know I am going to regret this but, let's do this"
-------------------------------------------------
"Babe, are you ready to go" I yell from downstairs.
" I am coming just let me get my shoes"
A few minutes later I see Maia walking down the stairs, and she looks gorgeous.
"My baby's  looking sexy, let me take a picture"
I take a her picture and save it so I can post it later. I grab my off white sneakers and the car keys and head out the door with Maia by my side. I lock the door and unlock the car door and we go in. I am driving and Maia is on the passenger side. Before I start the car I text my mom saying that I was going out, so when her and Valentina come back she has to stay with her.

" Diego, I have a question, and I am sorry if this is a little to personal after our thing that happened in New York. What is wrong with Valentina" Maia asks in a nervous tone. I look up from my phone, and look at Maia. I wasn't sure if I was ready to really tell anyone about this problem, because I felt like it was my fault.
" Umm, Valentina has gotten a lot of hate recently. Just on the Internet, but at school and almost everywhere so goes. She thought it is ok to take Xanax instead of talking to me, mom,you, or Suie. She has completely stopped talking to people and just that same day she took Xanax she almost overdosed." By the time I finished this I was in tears, I felt completely broken inside knowing my baby sister has tried to do that stuff to herself.

MAIA'S POV
I almost cried. thinking about Valentina and Diego, and just watching Diego cry.
" You know what Diego lets feel good about ourselves just for one night. For one night only we can flex on all of  our high school haters." I started to hear a chuckle from Diego. I lifted his head up from my lap and wiped his tears. I rubbed my thumb against all of his new face tattoos( lover, you and the upside down cross).
" Do you like them?" Diego asks while looking straight into my eyes.
" I love them all Diego, and I love you"
-Time Skip-
Diego and I are finally at the high school, and let me tell you it doesn't look any different. We walk through the two front, and begin to walk down hallway to get to the gym. When we finally get to the gym, there is a table right at the door ,with a big sign that says sign in here.  We signed in, and entered the gym.

DIEGO'S POV
Everyone stared at me. I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad. It was probably bad. Maia and I walk towards an empty table and sat down.
" Everyone can I have your attention, we are starting the night with speeches.  These can be about anything your life, friendships you had,hardships, memories."
" I would love to go first" A women yelled from the table next to us.
" Come up here, everyone welcome Riley" the women on stage yelled as Riley got up on the stage. I fucking hate this girl she is so rude and annoying. She is a fucking bully. She began her speech.
"It is so nice to see you guys all again, some I only saw for three months some I saw for  whole high school experience. I married my high school sweetheart, Anthony, We have had such a nice run with pranks and dances and formals. Umm we have two kids now, Anthony goes to Ucla law school (don't know if this exists) Thank you guys again so nice to see you guys." Riley finished. Yes I know that bitch was trying to brag towards me and Maia but we didn't quite care to be honest.
" Um would anyone else like to go"
" Me"Maia yells while standing up from the table. I am nervous, I am not nervous because of what sh might say. Maia hates Riley  and Riley hates her, and knowing Maia she is going to throw hella shade towards Riley.
" Hey everybody, if you guys remember me I am Maia Jackson. It is so nice to see all of you guys tonight, except one(she mumbles). Lots of experiences lot of fights and arguments. Well my high school experience wasn't the same as some of you guys because my best friend Diego leanos, know as to some of you 'The high school drop out.( I chuckled)Until this night was really planned to just brag about your success and your boyfriend or girlfriends success and the money you make. I am going to do just that. Well here I go, hook many of you guys have younger or older or both sibling?" About 20 out of 30 people raised their hand.
" How many have asked you to go to a Lil xan concert or wants a xanarchy hoodie, shirt, beanie?" Maia said. About 15 of those people out of the 20 included Riley had there hand raised.
" Diego, what you guys like to call is Lil Xan he is the one with the anti Xanax movement, he is the one with millions of fans, he is the one that has a G-Wagon, he is the one that had enough money to buy a G-Wagon a house in LA and buy a Del Taco. He is MINE, M-I-N-E the man worthy of husband material, he is my high school drop out my lover, and hopefully my future husband."

MAIA'S POV
Everyone was completely silent. I see Diego get up from his chair,and starts walking towards me with his goofy smile. When he makes it up to the stage he kisses me, a nice long meaningful kiss. One we haven't had in a while. The room around us was still silent , but we didn't care. While we were walking out the gym we stuck up our middle and shouted
"Fuck off Broke ass bitches" hand in hand.
DIEGO'S POV
I truly love this girl