The True Meaning Of Power

We walk into the throne room, me at the center, the others flanking me. I look up at Aro.

"We were summoned?" I fold my arms across my chest. Aro looks at us.

Powerful. I can already tell. Aro says in his head.

"Thank you." I grin up at him. He blinks in surprise. "Mind reader," I say, referring to myself. He grins and nods.

"As you already know, we summoned you here to ask you to join us. So, what do you say? Will you join the Volturi?" Aro asks with a smile on his papery face.

I look to Victoria. We're in this together. I'm all for it. I nod. I look to Teresa. We should do this. It's the best choice we have. And it won't be so bad. I nod and smile. Damon looks at me as well. I'm up for whatever Teresa's up for. I smile and look at Aro. 

"I'm assuming that you're asking ALL of us to join?" I clarify. He nods. "Then yes, we will join you." He claps his hands together and grins.

"Tomorrow we'll test your powers to see where you'll be in the guard. For the rest of the day, you will be shown to your rooms by Demetri." He gestures to Demetri, who nods, and we follow him. 

Teresa and Damon walk into their room and we walk into ours. They're adjoining, thankfully. There's a large sitting room, a nicely sized study, and a beautiful bedroom with an adjoining bathroom and large walk-in closet. Everything is red, gold, and black. I love it! Victoria grins at me. 

"Same!" I reply. I walk over to the bed and flop onto it. Victoria walks over and sits next to me. We're going on a date. Victoria stands and walks over to the closet. I follow her and see all the amazing clothes. They're all dresses and skirts. I squeal quietly. Vicky laughs and I smile and roll my eyes.

Author's Note: Bella has control over what she wants to hear (as in people's thoughts). In case you were wondering.

Read and review. Let me know if you have questions or comments. I am holding a character contest. If you are interested, comment a character name and bio and I will add them. But I'm only adding one. Chapters will be longer.