Chapter Four:

No more suffering, children

Third person POV

Jon looked down at his arm. He gasped.

It was dripping.. He was melting? Jon started breathing heavily.

Jon looked at Nick. He wasn't aware of the things that happened to Jon..He had tears in his eyes. His arm hurt.

Nick finished opening the presents. He turned to Ashlie and Uni and raced them to his room. He didn't pay any attention to Jon.

He ran upstairs to them. "N-Nick?!" He was freaking out.

"What is it, J-" He looked at his arm. His eyes widened and he teared up.

"What happened?? Why is your arm....Like that?!" Nick asked quickly.

Jon explained what happened and Nick frowned. Jon was still melting. How long would this happen??

"Is Jon okay?" Uni asked. Jon stared at his arm.

It stopped, the melting did...the pain didn't. It felt like a knife. It was always weird how imaginary friends could feel pain.

An hour later, the pain had stop. His arm was normal again. He sighed.

In the hour that had gone by, Jon had been huddled up by Nick..

He made Nick's birthday worse, didn't he? Jon was now angry at himself. He loved Nick, he was his best friend! And he made his birthday horrible!

..It wasn't actually very common for imaginary friends to get so attached to their child.

You would've thought it would be, but no. Imaginary friends usually hate their child. They're clingy, annoying, loud.

That's why Jon loved Nick. He wasn't that loud, only when he was very excited.

Nick wasn't clingy at all, but he still loved Jon's presence.

And he wasn't annoying either. Jon felt like he could never get annoyed by Nick. He loved him!

But of course, not the 'romantic' kind of love.

Imaginary friends couldn't feel that for their child...

...Right?

;)