Chapter Fourteen.

love is such a shitty yet wonderful thing
writing this while smiling and giggling and blushing

It was a day after the fire. Nick's family had let Ashlie and her dad stay with them.

Ashlie was lying on the couch with Nick, Jon, Bri, and Uni as they all watched TV. Jon sighed, then looked at Bri.

"Can I talk with you in private?" he whispered. Bri nodded, a confused look on her face.

They went to Nick's (and Ashlie's) room, Jon collapsing on the bed.

"I made a mistake.." Jon said, his words being muffled by the bed.

"Oh god, what did you do?"

"I, uh, may have uh.." Jon hesitated. "N-Never mind! It uh, it doesn't matter!"

Bri rose an eyebrow as Jon nervously laughed.

"What did you do."

Jon inhaled, "i FELL IN LOVE WITH N--"

Bri covered Jon's mouth as her eyes widened. "SHHHHH THEY CAN HEAR YOU-"

"IIIIIIII FELL IN LOVE WITH NATURE? oh,, YES NATURE! THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING ON THIS PLANET..HA.. Haaa..."

Bri stared at her friend. "Jon, why the fuck did you fall in love with him? You know we can't do that!"

"I can't control it, Bri! You know this! I know you like As--" Jon cut himself off. "Asssss.... Asia?"

Bri facepalmed. "Jon, I'm not in love with h-"

"YOU ARE! YOU LOOK AT HER THE SAME WAY I LOOK AT NICK! And you KNOW IT!" Jon yelled.

"Listen, it doesn't matter who i like! This is about you!"

"Ya know, I'm gonna die in a year anyway.."

...

"You are..?" They both turned their heads to see Nick in the doorway with tears in his eyes.