Chapter Six:

Now Uni-

Uni's POV

My imaginary left when I became six. I'm older than that now. Not that much older, but I still can't remember a lot of things about him.

I remember that his name started with a C. Coby? Chase? Was it Cory?

I think it's Cory. I try to remember.. His name was Cory.. He looked weird...He had a camera face, right?

Blonde or brown hair? Um..

He was sarcastic, complimented my art, we were kind of close. We didn't hate each other, we were okay to each other and got along well.

I suddenly remembered the pain I got when I found he left. I don't want this to happen with Ashlie or Nick.

They're both closer to their imaginary friend than I was. It would be much more painful. And.. They're like little siblings to me.

I try to remember Cory more. We hated each other until I was like four..

I didn't become freinds with Ashlie and Nick until I was eight. I had no friends after Cory left, when I was seven, and until my birthday.

Nobody cared. A child shouldn't have felt the way I felt, worthless. Even my mom didn't care. Or my dad.

My mom and dad divorced because I was such a problem. I remember them yelling about me.

My dad ended up running into me and called me a disappointment. He said I should be put up for adoption, that I'm worthless.

I believed it for months. Then my birthday came around.  Since my mom didn't care enough to even tell me "happy birthday," I went to the park by myself.

There I found Nick, he was young at that time. Ashlie was there too. I was sitting alone on a bench.

Nick's mom found me. "Where are your parents?"

I replied, "I came here alone."

"Why?"

"It's my birthday and my mom doesn't care enough to notice me. I wanted to go on a walk."

That's how I was introduced to Nick and Ashlie. We became inseparable. They never knew how low I thought of myself, but they made me feel more confident.

They didn't straight up say it. But they made me feel so. "You're so awesome, Uni!"

"I want to be just like you!"

"Could you draw me??"

"Your art is amazing!"

"I love you!"

"I love you!"

I think my mom wanted to get into Ashlie's dad's pants. That's probably why she let me be friends with them.

Even if I don't have an imaginary friend who could help me, I have two amazing real friends who can hug me and love me.