𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈 ; 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍'𝐒, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓'𝐒.

CHAPTER II

THE IN'S, THE OUT'S!

𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 the front passenger seat of her father's BMW. She still had a hard time sitting in a vehicle, the PTSD of the accident taking its toll. She wondered if she'd ever be able to get into a car and not feel like she was on the verge of a panic attack every time... Nora was ripped from her thoughts by the driver's side door opening and her father getting in.

"I suppose I'll have to get you your own car soon, huh?" William smiled at his daughter as he pulled out of the driveway, beginning his way down the road to Forks High School.

Nora hummed, looking outside the passenger window as her hands clenched into fists, her fingernails digging into her palms. A new habit she'd developed since the accident. "It's not important."

William sighed, peering at his daughter out of the corner of his eye, before returning his gaze to the road. "Alright."

And the rest of the fifteen-minute ride was quiet as William drove, pulling in front of a gray school.

Forks is going to be just like any other school, Nora thought to herself as the gray school appeared. She was trying her hardest to calm her nerves, wondering why she couldn't just ignore her anxiety and PTSD. She wished she could talk to her best friend, April again... she wished she wouldn't have cut everyone off... Nora wanted everything back to normal. Only that wasn't possible.

"I'm guessing you don't want your father to walk in with you?" William mused to his daughter as he stopped the car at the sidewalk in front of the school. There was a line of cars in front of the school, dropping off and teenagers scattered around.

Nora shook her head. "No, this is fine." Grabbing her bag that was resting on the floor between her feet, she gave a small, unconvincing smile to her father. "See you at 3:15?"

"Of course."

...

There were a lot more kids hanging about outside than she had expected. Shyly ducking her head, Nora headed towards the main entrance, praying that no one noticed her. She wanted to go the entire year undetected, under the radar. Surely no one would want to be friends with a short brunette that had anxiety and PTSD.