𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕 ; 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃.

CHAPTER IV

CHAPTER IV ―

NOT A WORD!

𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, Nora grabbed the grocery bag in the backseat filled with tonight's dinner. As she walked across the wet sidewalk up to the front door, Nora was already dreading the questions of how her first day went and so on. He hadn't been able to bombard her with them during the ride home, but she was sure he would now.

The door creaked behind her as she shut it, looking around her home still filled with a few unpacked boxes. "Dad?" Nora shouted, frowning. Sighing, Nora plopped her heavy backpack on the floor next to the front door, and quickly walked to the kitchen and set the paper bag from the grocery store on the counter, beginning to pull out the chicken and canned vegetables for tonight's dinner.

"There's my beautiful daughter!" William Elliot's voice rang as he came through the front door, clad in his new Forks PD attire with a bright smile. Nora's father kissed the top of his daughter's head, a small smile on her features.

"Hey, Dad," Nora greeted, pulling out a pan from the box on the floor. She really needed to unpack more, it was obvious her father wasn't going to be able to.

"How was school?" William questioned, beginning to tug off his wet jacket to hang it up. "I was surprised I didn't get a call from the school, but I suppose I might soon," he teased with a fond smile.

Nora scoffed, rolling her eyes as she began making the chicken on the stove. "We both know that I'm more graceful than Aunt June."

William chuckled. "True, but you're not exactly easy on your toes either. Especially since it's wet down here!"

"Uh, well," Nora nervously chuckled as she put the seasoning on the chicken. "doyouconsidergettinghitbyacarnotclumsy?" she rushed out, praying that her father didn't hear her, but apparently he did.

     "You what?!"  William shouted, his face pale.

"Uh, yeah," she said with a shrug. "But it was no big deal or else I would've called you." Nora's father's jaw was ticking, it was a habit he developed over the years with his clumsy daughter. And by that, Nora knew her father was getting more worried with every second. "If it counts, these angels helped me."