𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐈𝐍𝐆, Edward thought as he watched her sleep, patiently waiting for her to wake

𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐈𝐍𝐆, Edward thought as he watched her sleep, patiently waiting for her to wake. Her soft, curly brown hair was cascaded all over the feather pillow, and her expression was serene. He held her close to his body, never wanting to let go. The warmth of her body against his sent chills down his spine.

Edward couldn't sleep, and that was quite literally. Being a vampire, he hadn't been able to sleep since the day he was turned; a human trait that Edward longed for... but as far as he knew, watching Nora sleep was about as close as he was going to get.

He had fallen in love, deeply in love with the human girl he held. She was his other half; the exact thing he needed his entire life. Edward had always wondered what was so great about having a mate... especially since he had gone so long without one. Was it God's way of apologizing? He supposed it was.

A slight smile appeared on his features when he felt Nora nudge herself further into his side, flinging her right leg over his hips and clutching her fingers onto his crisp shirt as a satisfied sigh left her lips. He almost wanted to chuckle at her antics but feared he may wake her up. Edward knew that Alice would freak over his wrinkled shirt, but nothing made him want to move from his position. He loved the warmth her body gave him, heating his cooled skin.

Her mind was scattered as he tried to get a reading on her, which was quite normal for Nora. At times, he could hear a word screamed in her head, something that she was thinking clearly about, but he'd never been able to get a full thought from her. Edward didn't know exactly how it worked, and why he hadn't ever been able to fully read her mind like the rest of the world, but it didn't matter as long as she was safe. If anything, it was nice to not have to hear her every thought. For once in his life, he didn't get annoyed with everyone's thoughts rushing at him. It was calm and serene.

A slight whimper escaped Nora's peach-colored lips, and Edward instantly clutched her closer and kissed the top of her head, gently. After a moment or two, Nora had fallen back into a deep sleep and he watched, occasionally playing with a curly tendril of hair. He supposed it was slightly creepy, but hadn't a care in the world.

Edward hadn't felt this relaxed in a long time, but it seemed the more time he spent with Nora, the less tense he was. He thought that maybe it was due to the deep bond they shared, being mates and all, but it might just be more than that. Perhaps it was because she was the only mind that wasn't running from thought to thought. He rarely heard a thing from her mind and it honestly was a load off of Edward; he didn't have to hear everything.

Feeling something wet on his shirt, Edward glanced down and smile broke out onto his face as he shook his head slightly. Of course, Nora would drool on him. Rolling his eyes, he chuckled lightly and felt Nora shift in her sleep before falling back to sleep. It was so human of her.

He still couldn't believe that he was here with her. When Nora first told him that she was going to figure out his secret, he couldn't help but laugh. She was such an inquisitive human, which was slightly abnormal. It probably didn't help the fact that she was tinier than Alice and it was quite hard to take her seriously... but here he found himself, a vampire, cuddling a human girl.

When Nora had confronted him, he couldn't believe he didn't send her running for the hills. Of course, she was slightly afraid, which was expected from any human that knew the existence of vampires, but Nora wasn't just any human. She was his. His blood singer, his mate, his world. And as corny as it sounded, she was everything to him. It sounded like some cliché romance movie and it made him cringe. Not to mention he'd never tell Nora any of this because she'd make fun of him, something she loved to do, but he'd always know and that's all that ever mattered.

・゚: *・゚:*